Homebrew Does the GC adaptor work on Wii channel homebrew?

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For homebrew under wii mode, I have the savegame extractor and savegame installer. These worked fine on my wii, but the only problem with the wii u is that it doesn't have a reset button. Wiimotes aren't supported with these apps, and the only way to dump/install save data is by pressing either reset or "A" on a GC controller.

So my question is, if I were to buy a GC adapter for the wii u, would it work on the homebrew channel? I know it doesn't work for other games, but I thought I might as well see since pressing reset is not an option on the wii u.

That would stink for these apps to be locked out because of no reset or GC controller support :(

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No the wiiu gc adater or switch adapter for that maner are basicaly usb adapters they just turn gc controllers into usb controllers and no homebrew otehr than nintendont or devolution supports usb controllers, they arent readed as gc controllers for vwii or any homebrew.

also doesnt pressing the power button once on wiiu acts as a reset?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As for the original question, there is Savegame Manager GX, that despite having a disgusting UI does its job (mostly) fine and can be used point-and-click with a wiimote

RedRose30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses. i tried GX but I couldn't figure it out. When I pressed the wii icon no info came up.

I also tried pressing the power button once and it didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended