Does the G6 real have any issues with games?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by MitchStar, Aug 11, 2007.

Aug 11, 2007
  1. MitchStar
    OP

Newcomer MitchStar Advanced Member

United States
    So I'm getting kind of fed up with my G6 lite not working with some games (first sim city and hoshigami, now megaman star force). I'm getting a 16g G6 Real for my birthday in a few weeks (its already been ordered) and I would like to know if there are any issues with the G6 Real like there are with the G6 lite. I saw the topic about homebrew, but I'll still be able to run homebrew on my lite so that wont be much of a problem. My only concern is with NDS games.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I don't think so. Some games can't be run with soft reset or cheats though (Taiko no Tatsujin was one IIRC)

3. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    You can run all the games you mentioned, but you have to patch them (arm fix).

4. Haruspex

Member Haruspex GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    At least for now the G6DS Real is for sure the best flashcart if you only want to play NDS Games. The only thing that bothers me is the support from G6 Team in future games if they have any issues. They are really quiet recently...

5. ScottC2105

Newcomer ScottC2105 Member

United Kingdom
    The only game I have had a problem with so far is Megaman ZX and that is because Soft Reset does NOT work with this game yet. Disable it and it works a ok!

6. leonheart_a

Member leonheart_a GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    ^^adding to that same goes for transformers(both of them)