Hacking Does the DSTWO work with the most recent 3DS update?

somechris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last few times I've turned on my 3DS I've been prompted to update again. It's not a big deal to ignore, but I can't access the eshop without updating, which is kind of a pain if I want to buy anymore 3DS games. My DSTwo is updated to the most recent firmware and works fine, and previously my 3DS was up to date, but I'm hesitant to update for fear of making the DSTwo unusable. Anybody try the new update?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it isnt working then you may have forgotten to update the dstwo first. always download the latest dstwo update and install it prior to updating the 3ds firmware or you may have to ask a friend to borrow an old Ds or something to update and use the dstwo again

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The last few times I've turned on my 3DS I've been prompted to update again. It's not a big deal to ignore, but I can't access the eshop without updating, which is kind of a pain if I want to buy anymore 3DS games. My DSTwo is updated to the most recent firmware and works fine, and previously my 3DS was up to date, but I'm hesitant to update for fear of making the DSTwo unusable. Anybody try the new update?

Make sure you update the DSTWO first. It should be fine then, super card is good about combating Nintendo's firmware updates.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
just FYI for anyone who finds this thread later. you can update the ds2 after updating the 3ds, but it isn't recommended. just rename the file to ds2updateb.dat. drop it in root, then power up the 3ds. launch the card and wait. you'll get the error that it isn't supported, after about 5-10 minutes, power off. the card should now be updated. make sure you delete the file before trying to use the card.

-another world

Buttz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always download the latest dstwo update and install it prior to updating the 3ds firmware or you may have to ask a friend to borrow an old Ds or something to update and use the dstwo again

Is there a risk of bricking the DSTWO if you try to use it in a non-supported 3DS? I'm not really clear on the dangers. It's not really important, as I've got a DS phat for the purposes of updating the card and/or using it while still being able to have a newest-firmware 3DS. I'm just curious what would happen if I tried.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a risk of bricking the DSTWO if you try to use it in a non-supported 3DS? I'm not really clear on the dangers. It's not really important, as I've got a DS phat for the purposes of updating the card and/or using it while still being able to have a newest-firmware 3DS. I'm just curious what would happen if I tried.
I think you mean if it is safe to update a supercard with the alternative method.
You can indeed brick the supercard if you pull out the supercard while updating, it's the same as pulling it out during a normal update, only this time you don't know exactly when the update is finished, hence the risk.
If you brick it there are still ways to unbrick the card though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls