Question Does the Built-in SX OS pro Nand dump work well? just booted SX OS for my first time

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Rockstead, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Rockstead
    OP

Rockstead GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    Ah that’s kind of annoying, but I showed the kids to go on to album first and then the game is selectable from main menu.

How does the other file format work? Is it more seamless and everything works off the main menu?

2. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
  3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Nsp files are installed and can be started directly. Think of it like an eshop purchase. Xci are image files and need to be mounted via the album - simulating inserting a cartridge - and then started.

4. Rockstead
    OP

Rockstead GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    Do NSP get installed to the SD card and can I delete the source file after it is installed?

Why is XCI also mentioned as an advantage if it makes you do this extra step of mounting before playing?

5. coffinbirth

coffinbirth GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    Yes.

XCI is supposedly "safer" according to some, you don't have to uninstall them, and they can be ran from USB.

6. mikefor20

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Xci is what i use. They are supposedly safer to go online with. I don't care about that really. I stay offline. I don't want to pay and use the lan play option. Why i chose them is the usb loading. Drag and drop is nice. The link i posted cl goes through all the reasons it's safer with xci.

7. supaastahhmarioo

supaastahhmarioo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Personally for me. I use xci from day one, purely because it’s easier to swap out games

8. mikefor20

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I like using extra storage mediums in handheld too. I have a 64GB SD with EmuNAND that lives in my switch then I have my HDD for docked mode. I got an OTG cable and I use an SD reader with it to utilize 3 other 64 GB cards :) and a flash drive or two. Lots of storage and I don't have to power off completely to swap it. Works great with XCI files

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted