Hacking Does Startpatch work

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just ordered Metroid Trilogy from the states and a few weeks ago I applied patches to my Wii using Startpatch. The patches I used were for region free discs and wiiware/vc games. I was able to run a US WiiWare title a week or so ago without any hassles. But im curious about the actual region free disc patches, can anyone tell me if they work or not?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say yes, as long as your TV supports NTSC video. I only say that because either Madden NFL 10 or WSR (forget which) will black scren if you use the force disc region options in preloader (and I'm not sure if startpatch does this hack or not) BUT I do know that startpatch is similar to the preloader hacks and I play a Japanese game on my US Wii with no problems at all. I even used anyregionchanger to change my shop channel region to Japanese because the Japanese game is a Karaoke game with a subscription required to be able to use more music.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Yes they work just fine. Having a PAL Wii and play all games through disc channel thanks to Preloader.

@urherenow: mind telling me the name of the karaoke game? I changed my shop channel to jpn for Monster Hunter Tri.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a couple of pal backups and they are not working on my ntsc wii with starpatch region patches applied and if i run them through disc channel. they all blackscreen on me. i don't know why. maybe i have set a wrong patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...