Does Startpatch work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by EnigmaXtreme, Aug 25, 2009.

Aug 25, 2009

Does Startpatch work by EnigmaXtreme at 10:01 AM (793 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I have just ordered Metroid Trilogy from the states and a few weeks ago I applied patches to my Wii using Startpatch. The patches I used were for region free discs and wiiware/vc games. I was able to run a US WiiWare title a week or so ago without any hassles. But im curious about the actual region free disc patches, can anyone tell me if they work or not?

2. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I would say yes, as long as your TV supports NTSC video. I only say that because either Madden NFL 10 or WSR (forget which) will black scren if you use the force disc region options in preloader (and I'm not sure if startpatch does this hack or not) BUT I do know that startpatch is similar to the preloader hacks and I play a Japanese game on my US Wii with no problems at all. I even used anyregionchanger to change my shop channel region to Japanese because the Japanese game is a Karaoke game with a subscription required to be able to use more music.

3. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Yes they work just fine. Having a PAL Wii and play all games through disc channel thanks to Preloader.

@urherenow: mind telling me the name of the karaoke game? I changed my shop channel to jpn for Monster Hunter Tri.

4. EnigmaXtreme
    OP

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    My tvs fairly new so its has that "Auto" thing when it comes to the PAL/NTSC setting

Posts merged

Im confused, whats the difference between Preloader and Starfall?

5. G0dLiKe

United States
    Then you should encounter no problems at all.

6. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    i have a couple of pal backups and they are not working on my ntsc wii with starpatch region patches applied and if i run them through disc channel. they all blackscreen on me. i don't know why. maybe i have set a wrong patch.

7. G0dLiKe

United States
    What games are blackscreening on you Screemer?