Does somebody have the schematics for the wii power supply?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Invierno, May 16, 2017.

1. Invierno
    OP

Invierno Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I need to replace some busted components that i cant identify on a wii power supply (rvl-002 USA), but i cant find the schematics :C

Someone knows where i can find them? Thanks in advance.

2. Sathya

Sathya never thinking to be smart!

Suspended
    Nov 9, 2016
    Indonesia
    NURANI'S HOME
    why yiu need it? you need to repair it?

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Not many consoles have component level repair data shared on them, especially not dirt common things like the wii and peripherals for it. By all means try to fix it (single voltage switch mode power supplies are not massively complex things after all, and they fail all the time so electronics peeps are fairly used to their operation) but you might be out of luck.

That said I do recall looking at the wii power supply with an eye to turning it into a portable device/car powered device at points. https://cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/images/migration/news_4/Power_Supply_Wii_UK_01.JPG reckons 12V at a sensible amperage so you could probably even turn a PC supply* into one if you wanted, and as a bonus I imagine you have a dead power supply you can chop the end off from.

*12V and a few amps is fairly standard so it need not be a PC supply if you have another, however they are available everywhere so they tend to get used for things like this.

4. Invierno
    OP

Invierno Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cote d'Ivoire
    The burned components are in the 110v input. The thing i cant identify is the ceramic resistor or capacitor that is behind the T2.5A 250v fuse. The numeric code on it exploded with the component.

Attached Files: