Hacking does sleep mode work now

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i know that a while ago that if a game was put into sleep mode it would carry on playing.can anyone tell me if this has been sorted out now.thanks..............sudeki300

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The newer Slot-1 solutions don't have the sleep-mode problem anymore.
If you have a Slot-2 device just put a original game in slot-1 and sleep-mode will work again!

sudeki300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry then guys it must of been me, but i'm sure i read it somewhere , oh well thanks..................sudeki300

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
In previous firmware versions if you were on the menu and closed the DS the screen etc would stay on, but this has now been fixed - maybe that's where the confusion comes from.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works but it wastes a lot more batteryn because it has to supply the microsd reader

I know what i am talking about, r4 needs to keep the microsd reader's power supply so it can resume from suspend flawlessly.

Some people misunderstood what i said due to my bad english, anyway, the r4 consumes less battery in sleep mode than playing, that should be clear. But it sucks (much) more battery in sleep mode than an orginal game cart or dummy cart.

By the way snapback, if you want to spam go to other place, your post is useless and I find it as an ofence

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
It works but it wastes a lot more batteryn because it has to supply the microsd reader

I know what i am talking about, r4 needs to keep the microsd reader's power supply so it can resume from suspend flawlessly.

Some people misunderstood what i said due to my bad english, anyway, the r4 consumes less battery in sleep mode than playing, that should be clear. But it sucks (much) more battery in sleep mode than an orginal game cart or dummy cart.

By the way snapback, if you want to spam go to other place, your post is useless and I find it as an ofence

that was very offensive. and snapback, that picture could be used right back at you. xabier is correct (although i'm not positive on his reason), the R4 does require significantly more battery in sleep mode than an original cart. my theory would be the same as his - the R4 has to continually stream data from the microSD, although the game pauses the R4 never stops reading. although it turns off the screens and button sensing, it is not the same sleep as a real cart would have.

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is it necessary to have your nds on for days at a time? Im not trying to be rude but I don't understand its importance. All games nowadays use saves. I can see if your in the middle of something and theres no way to save the game at that point that this mode becomes useful but why bring this up as a negative point for the R4?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
eh, we're more making a big deal out of the fact that cheeo was an ass. but otherwise, yeah, i see your point. i guess in an entire charge though, you may temporarily close your DS for 3-5 hours, and it could impact game time by ~ 20 minutes? (completely random number, just based on my intuition). while its not really significant, its always good to know...

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it necessary to have your nds on for days at a time? Im not trying to be rude but I don't understand its importance. All games nowadays use saves. I can see if your in the middle of something and theres no way to save the game at that point that this mode becomes useful but why bring this up as a negative point for the R4?

it's not neccesary, but it happened me sometimes using passcard 3, i closed the dslite and forgot to switch it off, and when i wanted to play again it was empty
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.