does savemii work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shpinxis, Dec 13, 2009.

Dec 13, 2009

does savemii work by Shpinxis at 11:11 PM (933 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Shpinxis
    OP

Newcomer Shpinxis Advanced Member

United States
    say i have a brick wii with no recovery programs installed and no mod chip...is it possible to fix it all

2. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    With no Hacks or Mod-chip then most of the time no, cause it doesn't help against banner bricks and if the system menu is bricked its of no use cause you can't get into the savemii recovery menu most of the time depending on the brick, it can help against some region bricks and theme bricks depending on what firmware you bricked on and only if your still able to access the recovery menu cause it does let you update with a legit wii disc but only if it has a higher firmware than whats installed on your wii. but most of the time its just easier to use home-brew to correct a region brick

3. Shpinxis
    OP

United States
    it was bricked from updating from a game and it was either from guitar hero world tour or guitar hero 5....and im not sure if i have bootmii installed

4. Thomas83Lin

United States
    Well first off you need to find if you have bootmii installed, the easiest way to find out if its installed is to, turn on the wii and see how many times the dvd led flashes blue if only once its not installed it should flash two or three times if its installed,
    And what kind of brick do you have, is it just a black screen and have you ever downgraded your wii in the past

5. Shpinxis
    OP

United States
    my wii only blinks once

when i turn on my wii it just gives me a black screen

and no i havent downgraded i was at like 3.7fw or something

6. Thomas83Lin

United States
    well then bootmii is not installed and there is no 3.7 guitar hero 5 i think contains 3.4, Hmm more than likely this is a full brick, and savemii can't help you at all on a black screen brick. Only options would be to either sent it to nintendo or Use a infectus and convert a nand backup using betwiin but only if your wii contains a vulnerable boot1.
    if you want you could still see if your wii is still able to boot into savemiifrii menu using a GC Controller
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113515
    but i doubt you'll be able to get it to boot, seeing how your wii is only getting a blackscreen on boot.