Does save data transfer when you sign in on other devices with the same account?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by Guinea, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Guinea
    OP

Guinea That one computer nerd...

Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
    I know you can redownload any game you bought on the eshop if you sign in, but does the save data come with it?

2. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Saves are usually stored in the game cart, unless it's an e-shop title or your using gateway EmuNAND.
    I don't believe Nintendo stores saves in the Cloud, and with my formatting experience nothing save wise has transferred.

3. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Exactly, it doesn't work like that. There's no cloud for saves to be transfered like that.

4. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    And I also think you can't just sign in a NNID on another 3ds and redownload. I think a transfer or a data transfer has to happen to allow it. But I may be wrong as didn't use a NNID for a while.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Indeed, and when a transfer is performed, saves are normally transferred as well.
    Although that depends on if you chose to transfer all files over wifi or not, if you did not then you have to manually copy the files from the old SD to the new one or swap the SD card from the old one to the new one.