Hacking Does running a game thru a backup launcher avoid a disc update?

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a lot of people on here talking about using startpatch to avoid the disc update on MP:T. I was wondering, if I run a game that has a disc-update thru a back up launcher, i.e. if I run MP:T thru Neogamma or gamma .3, will it avoid the update altogether or will it still put something on my wii?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Generally yes but you want to be careful. Gecko OS will stop it and most USB Loaders require significant advanced changed settings to allow the update partition to stay on, and stuff like that.

I don't honestly know about Neogamma, but I would still recommend Startpatch for the Copy Flags and Update. Its quick and easy.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, illinialex24... Startpatch has worked great for me, so far! Thanks, for recommending it!!

biggrin.gif

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason why I use it over preloader are these:

Its simply and easy to install.

It takes 10 seconds to install and uninstall and has no risk in either (unlike preloader).

You can use MenuLoader I believe for all the import stuff if you really want to, and its no risk if you screw up a hack because if you install the wrong one, it does nothing, just uninstall it.

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition to whats mentioned already, you could also brick block the images before putting them on a usb hard drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself