Does removing DOP-Mii channels free up wii memory?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by etereo, Jun 17, 2010.

Jun 17, 2010
  1. etereo
    OP

Newcomer etereo Newbie

United States
    Hi,

I followed the DOP-Mii CompleteSoftmodGuide and installed Forecast,Weather,Photo,Internet channels ok.

I rarely used them, but I'm constantly running out of wii memory due to RockBand DLC content
    (which gets moved to wii memory from SD card each time I play the game)

I want to know if removing those channels would free up more playable wii memory for me?

I can't remove those channels using regular wii system menu, so I'd have to DOP-Mii again and research how to remove them.
    But if they don't free any wii memory usable for RockBand DLC, I'd rather not bother/risk bricking by re hacking.

PS: if the answer is yes, appreciate any guide to removing those channels

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Those channels dont take that much blocks. You wont brick your wii if you remove them. I deleted them since i dont have use for any of them. except the internet channel.

Delete them using ATD.

3. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I deleted all those channels, they are rubbish.

And I dont even need the space =)

As Riley said, Use Any Title Deleter, but be CAREFUL !

I would also ensure I had Priiloader installed and verified as operable BEFORE i did anything else.

4. Coconuts 500

Newcomer Coconuts 500 Advanced Member

You will not gain any space from removing the Wii channels like the Weather channel, News channel, Mii Channel, etc. Why? Because the space they take has been reserved for these channels. Removing them will mean they get removed from the reserved space only - which you do not have access to. So you might as well keep them, even if you don't need them.

5. joe_blow

Newcomer joe_blow Member

United States
    The best way to make space for RockBand DLC is by playing it from and emulated nand on a usb hard drive. uLoader has this option.