Hacking does rebuilding database on 5.05 cause all installed games to not be found by ps4?

kevin corms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering since I saw a thread saying someone had this issue on an older firmware. If so is there steps I can take to fix it after?

kevin corms

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by kevin corms,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when it happened to you were you able to fix it after? Also thanks for the info!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was looking around and also found this.
https://github.com/stooged/DB_SG_Backup-50X/releases
Yeah, that’s the payload to backup the db and saves.
It happened to me after something went wrong after I installed a small handful of backups, so it was no big deal just to restart from scratch.
It was my fault as I just thought to try rebuilding the db in safe mode without finding out the implications.
I hadn’t backed up the files so I had no recourse and then found the same payload/info as you have here.
It taught me a valuable lesson and I make sure to back them up regularly now.

Reactions: kevin corms

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I stupidly did the safemode database rebuilding without a backup and sure enough all 40 of the games on my PS4's 2TB HDD disappeared, at least according to the XMB. FTP'ing into the console showed me that they were still there however. So I ran Stooged's PKG BACKUP payload and it transferred all of the packages to an external HDD. I was initially very unhappy thinking that I had well and truly borked my system but thankfully said payload saved my proverbial bacon. The more you know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\