Does Puzzle Quest is nice ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Nubia, Aug 8, 2007.

Aug 8, 2007

Does Puzzle Quest is nice ? by Nubia at 3:42 AM (1,247 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Nubia
    OP

Member Nubia GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I heard it was a really good game... Is it ?
    I really need to put something on my DS-X... I was stuck in FF3 so i deleted it and i finished Advance Wars so i deleted it too. Now i only have MarioKart DS...

2. refugio

Member refugio GBAtemp Regular

United States
    go back to finish FFIII its a great game, as for puzzle quest...its frustrating at first cause the AI cheats [​IMG] but it gets better when you get the hang of it

3. CSD

Member CSD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you do play it, give it a chance to grow on you. I wasn't crazy about it at first, but I later became addicted.

4. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    You've got a flash card man, try the game out! If you don't like it delete it and move on to another game.

Check the DS essentials listing here for more game ideas, and check what games have high reviews from game sites.

5. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Agreed. Definitely give FFIII a chance if up enjoy RPGs. If you get stuck it's usually not for long. Just be sure to read and take in everything NPCs say to you.

As for Puzzle Quest, I'm currently hooked on it. I also agree that the AI is horseshit. If you sit there for a bit the AI will give you a hint of what you should do, but unless it's a 4-of-a-kind or a skull match, do something other than what the AI suggests. It will screw you every single time. The enemy AI isn't too bad, but if you listen to your AI hint-helper thing you'll be doubly screwed. [​IMG]

Great game, though. The RPG elements are pretty deep once you get into it. You can build your castle / city (as well as attempt to conquer others') up in order to train steeds, or research your skills; you can capture enemies and use them (though I find it very difficult); and you have weapons and armor, of course. The spells you can perform make the game all about strategy, and you'll only begin to grasp the huge amount of depth there after you've played it for a while.

6. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    Puzzle Quest is great - innovative & addictive.

Someone says the AI cheats, it's true he gets like 8 turns in a row sometimes. But it's still usually beatable and loads of fun.

7. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    Stuck in FF3? GameFAQs is nice.

Anyway, puzzle quest was hard give up cold turkey, but I did it. Some people stay up til sunrise playing this game.

8. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    Off topic: Wow. Judging from the topic title, I thought it was a Testing Forum topic (or at least was hoping that it was).

On topic: Personally, I don't like Puzzle Quest. A lot of others do though.

9. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    I beat Puzzle Quest...played it for 2 months in the washroom. Excellent passtime for when you're on the crapper.

10. Friction Baby

Member Friction Baby GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    LMAO I am now wearing my coffee thanx for that [​IMG]

I love Puzzle Quest can't put it down.

11. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    I'm going to have to agree with Nubia here, FFIII was boring, the constant random battles just get irritating. I would recommend Animal Crossing but I don't know if that works on the DS-X yet. Puzzle Quest is good, but Planet Puzzle League is the best puzzle game I've ever played. That and Tetris DS.

12. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I played puzzle quest up to level 36.

Took me about 30 hours I guess.

Stopped playing it for no real reason but maybe I'll go back & beat it one day.

My girl also played it to level 30 & stopped.

13. Nubia
    OP

Canada
    Now, i'm addicted to Puzzle Quest. It's fun when you do some 5-times hit...
    Anyway, i think i'll download FF3 again. I've got space for it. It's gonna take me a while to come back to the Thingy Tower, but it's the only cool RPG for DS(until the other Final Fantasy, i think it's FF7 or something)

14. pkprostudio

Member pkprostudio No

United States
    I played Puzzle Quest for a couple of hours, then stopped. It's not the kind of puzzle game I like. I don't think combining puzzle with RPG works with me, even though I like both puzzle and RPG. It's just not right.

15. Nubia
    OP

Canada
    I'n having fun even if the AI is cheating ! [​IMG]

16. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Had a battle against a Wight last night and, I tell you no lie, the dude had 15 turns in a row. Not only was he getting a bunch of four-of-a-kinds, but he has a spell that allows him to go three turns in a row (plus damage). It was insane.

I'll usually get pissed off for a while, but then 30 minutes or so later I'll be jonesing to play some more. [​IMG]

17. Nubia
    OP

Canada
    When i get beated, i just wanna try again !