Does Pokemon european bootleg exist ?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by GoldNoway, Sep 13, 2016.

1. GoldNoway
    OP

GoldNoway Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    France
    Labyrinth City
    Hi,
    I'm looking to complete my GBA Pokemon collection for the cheaper price as possible, either in english or french.
    Given that US versions on the Internet often have a good chance to be bootlegs, I realized I should just be looking for european games instead. And, I found an ebay account which had this exact games to sell. Problem : This account also sells an obvious bootleg on game boy.
    Just to be sure, am I right to assume that there are no european GBA bootleg ? Is it safe to buy european GBA Pokemon games ?
    Also, can someone here confirm the AGB codes below cartridges ?
    Thanks in advance !

2. Drud1995

Drud1995 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    United States
    Magicant
    No way you should risk it! All they would have to do in the Chinese Factory is put a slightly different logo on to make it look European. Many reputable eBay sellers these days even sell fakes, so always proceed with caution. Things to look out for in a legit copy:copyright Nintendo above cartridge contacts, font, Nintendo instead of Nintondo or something on back, size of the 'E' for everyone as a slim 'E' is common and obviously fake, then lastly a quick look at the board for black blobs or other oddities if the seller opens the cart up.

Here is a quick video to help you learn more in case you are still uncertain:

Good luck!