1. Fseaotter

Fseaotter Newbie
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    Im noob, and i dont know all of these things
    In short, someone who want to use his F**kin great masterpiece, just follow his rule. Do not allow any other detour. Is it right?

Dangy likes this.
  2. megatron_lives

megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

Thanks for clearing that up Lacius, that is what I assumed and thus why joonie's excelletn sigpatches were necessary - and even stated in 'tinfoil 8+' in the release names.....

3. Maro

Maro Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm been following this thread trying to figure things out. I'm a noob that followed a step by step guide with very clear instructions to get everything up and running on my Switch, now There's so much going on its very confusing and frustrating.
    Everything was working fine with Tinfoil and you had to force an update to actually prevent it from working unless we delete this and that. I'm just an average person that's not very technical and I just want thinks to be simple and strait forward but you make it difficult for no real reason. I do like Tinfoil alot, but you are just driving people away from your app and not really helping the community by making things complicated.
    I don't have anything against your decisions, it's your app and it's free and it's an excellent tool for the Switch.
    But if something is going behind the scenes don't take it out on the users who just want things to work and enjoy their time with the Switch, it really didn't have to go that route.

4. bonjorys

bonjorys Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    im in the same boat, got everything working now, deleting files, followed tinfoils instructions after pressing "Y" to delete hekate/kosmos and then downloaded the Neutos files and followed the guide, i have now also used choidujourNX to update from 9.2.0 to 10.0.0, I have had a cloned micro and backed up files, so luckily each time i have had an issue i have been able to restore and start again, taken a while but im happy with whatever i have done because Tinfoil is fully working. I'm a noob i have 2 consoles, one from day one and the newer model with improved battery. (i was going to sell my old one when i got the new one but didn't realize what i was able to do with it, I use the newer model for online and to have my account linked etc)

Joshmas likes this.
  5. silien3

silien3 GBAtemp Regular

France
    it is atmosphere which makes bug the use of tinfoil not the opposite for proof neutos is an atmosphere with modifications and probably also the sighpatch and allows the functioning of tinfoil the current sigpatches ams are probably not complete i read that all the games did not go and then they would have been put on the first page if not to see if comes out of other with full operation or if those are the only ones

as we say we will see later

6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Like what ? I haven't seen any problem. I save some games which I left off and return to play to continue and no issues.

7. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    You sound reasonable, so i'll be straight with you. This isnt a behind the scene's issue: I do not suport hekate or kosmos, I have not supported hekate or kosmos for over a half a year. I have been very clear about this. Quite frankly, I cannot state it any more bluntly, I do not want hekate or kosmos users to use my applications. If you want to use Hekate or Kosmos, I wish you all the luck in the world with different applications, and I hold no ill will towards you for that decision.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have not isolated the exact system save. However you generally should not recommend that users downgrade below 5.X or they risk a brick. Funny enough skipping all the way down to 1.0.0 boots, but 2.0.0 through 4.1.0 have issues.

satan89 likes this.
  8. StormSilver

StormSilver GBAtemp Regular

United States
    but even with sigpatches outside of those, doesn't tinfoil RSOD when it detects the kips folder? what's the solution to use Tinfoil besides SXOS or neutos?

9. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I see. To be honest, I did once and doesn't have issues. No problem. That was about a year ago. :mellow::creep:

10. PepponeCorl

PepponeCorl Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @blawar: Just a suggestion for the access to BIS/CAL0:

What about an option in Tinfoil (or the firmware itself) to activate it?
    And when it is activated, it will just show the more options Tinfoil can provide for example the firmware installation and Incognito thing. I think most people would feel much more safe and they would also have a little sense for what this is needed. There are for sure a lot of untechnical people like me who are using your software. A standard-environment is for us always good, but one big point why standard-environments (like Apple OS's) are done is that customers can not make any mistakes to damage their systems. I feel this strict Access to BIS/CAL0 is a feature which can be enabled and should not be activated from the beginning.

It is just an idea how to make it more convenient for other people and also to give them a safe feeling using your software, me included :)

11. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Colombia
    I just fixed the Tinfoil/HBG "limitation" preventing it from being used in Kosmos/Hekate-Joonie86. But the HBG Discord didn't like what I did and I got kicked out. Aside from noticing that they give Neutos such obvious publicity, as if it were the holy grail, forcing people to lean towards a little-known bootloader.

Hekate+Atmosphere+sigpatches or Kosmos+Joonie86 work perfectly. The only thing that is failing is Tinfoil, simply because he wants to, just for selfish reasons.

At the end of the day, whoever wants to use this software can do whatever they ask. But it will only cause the Atmosphere staff to eventually stop updating their CFW, and there will be no more code to steal from these rogue Developers.

Remember that there are many alternatives. Goldleaf, Awoo, etc ... that deserve all our support and the other honest developers.

brettsmods and lostreverie like this.
  12. bonjorys

bonjorys Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I'm a noob, let's say that I want to start from scratch, my firmware is 10.0.0, console is from day 1 all I want is tinfoil / hbg shop. All I have done in th past is follow guides to get tinfoil /hbg shop using hekate and atmosphere, I'm assuming (because I don't know) that I would have to use hekate to set up atmosphere and then delete and overwrite the files with the Neutos after? As this is what I have done with the atmosphere I already had setup and I do have it working following the Neutos guide. As I have said I am a noob but I appreciate any help and Info and thank you to Blawar for making this possible, sharing it with us, keeping us updated and being very active on this forum.

13. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    so how did you fix tinfoil from nagging about hekate/kosmos?

lostreverie likes this.
  14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Playing devil's advocate for a moment, I don't know what the big deal is with switching from Kosmos to NEUTOS.

peteruk and StormSilver like this.
  15. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    Tinfoil doesn’t actually care about kosmos / hekate currently, only the kip and loader patches. I haven’t tried it, but I would assume it should work if you delete your atmosphere folder, reinstall your stuff, then chainload fusee primary, then use fusee patches instead of hekate patches.

there is likely a few other hekate config options that will be needed, but I cannot help you there as I do not use that trash.

you were banned for insulting and harassing staff. Nothing more nothing less.

you issue is with me, not a random support guy who just volunteers his time to help people with switches.

SXOS provides the easiest solution with the most features. You will notice that none of the people complaining here are using SXOS. If you do not wish to use SXOS, NEUTOS is the only atmosphere fork I am aware of that works.

Last edited by blawar, Apr 18, 2020
  16. StormSilver

StormSilver GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hekate -> neutos works fine if you use payload= not fss0=

17. PepponeCorl

PepponeCorl Member
    Newcomer

Germany

Is acutally the Incognito Mode in Tinfoil the same as the incognito mode in SXOS?

18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No, there are two completely different things.

19. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Colombia
    Eh?, what are you talking about?. I think you are clueless or just talking at your convenience. I never insulted anyone, I simply expressed having patched your Software. But your dear staff did not like the idea and they only came to insult me by saying shit, and then they expelled me, alleging that I lowered the unethical character who insulted me.

None of that really matters to me. I just hope that what Tinfoil and Neutos does doesn't do much harm to honest developers.

Last edited by Ghost92, Apr 18, 2020
    danfozzy85 likes this.
  20. USUKDecks

USUKDecks Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Explain ... using FACTS why kosmos/hekate is trash?? Something I've been using since pretty much day one of their existence on multiple switches and on at least 50+ that I've sold? I mean we all know you're licking team xecuter's nut sack to get $$$ from them by making your little app exclusive to them but being such a spiteful petty piece of sh!t to everybody else's stuff just shows why you're so hated.

Oh and again for the millionth time, calling somebody else's work trash, when you promote your extremist political agenda and your hate for the LGBTQ community in tinfoil is absolute hypocrisy! Not that you even know the meaning of the word. Because You and TX sure have no problem collecting that cash from those people you hate. And making tinleaf simply because you're soooooo insecure and petty that "furries" scare and bother you ... god you're such a little biotch ... i swear.

Last edited by USUKDecks, Apr 22, 2020
    vultureroast, Ghost92 and crazy_p like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - atmosphere, support, patches