1. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
    More scene drama again it seems, once again involving a certain someone. Hopefully things blow over.

2. chocoboss

chocoboss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    As always drama ... This is so sad :/

3. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
  4. Maro

Maro Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi steyr,Tinfoil just update to R42 and it no longer works.
    How did you enable airplane mode within Tinfoil?

Last edited by Maro, Apr 18, 2020
  5. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    I wouldn’t waste your time, the crypto was changed.

Currently there is a few day grace period for people to update.

DarknessPlay3r likes this.
  6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    No, I did downgrading to 3.0.0 from 9.1.0 or something then go back to 9.1.0 without any problems as a test using ChoiDujourNX!

7. Important Posts: Update
    The-4n

OP The-4n GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As you may have heard, There are some breaking changes in 10.0.0 and some part of it (ACID) is also related to loader re implementation from atmoshere.

Unfortunately, I have lots of personal issues for now and It's been a long time I couldn't work on switch stuff including my tools. I could hardly even work on patches lately.
    I am sorry to say that I won't port patches for 10.0,0, I may update OP if someone trusted ports and gives me to share them but I won't be the one to port patches, I prefer to work on my tools after I start working again.

I really hope my situations gets better so I can come back with some super sweet patches again and maybe some new stuff but for 10.0.0 that wouldn't be the case.

Last edited by The-4n, Apr 18, 2020
  8. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    I believe you have to do a full system reset / initialization for this to not soft brick, some system saves cannot be downgraded below a certain point without being deleted first.

DarknessPlay3r likes this.
  9. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I now get a warning that i may be running Kosmos or Hekate. I have the exact same setup as when i was on 9.2.0 using your reccomended forked AMS and chainloading fusee-primary using hekate bootloader. Is chainloading not allowed anymore either?

Old setup - 9.2.0, Hekate 5.1.3, Forked Atmosphere, latest HBG. Boot via chainload in Hekate.ipl no issues.

New Test setup - 10.0., Hekate 5.1.4, Forked Atmosphere, Latest HBG. Boot via chainload in Hekate.ipl. Error/red message screen in HBG warning about Hekate/Kosmos and buttons get disabled besides home.

Last edited by Dave_Chad, Apr 18, 2020
  10. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I think you should at least link the post with the patches on your first post, warn people you haven't tested and use at their own risk (even if we already have been using it for some time now without issues). At least it doesn't get lost in the middle of +100 pages.

For reference: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard...es-for-atmosphere.521164/page-95#post-9015684

11. gnze796

gnze796 GBAtemp Regular

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/2-0-0-10-0-0-zip.204819/

These patches work perfectly fine with Vanilla AMS. You can update OP with these, but If I am not wrong, these only work on AMS 0.11+

KiiWii likes this.
  12. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    hekate still works, just delete these two folders: sdmc:/atmosphere/kip_patches/loader_patches and sdmc:/atmosphere/kips

13. tataniko

tataniko GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
  14. brettsmods

brettsmods Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So you're limiting the use of your software to the CFW and setups that you deem "proper"? Just because you have issues with the other ones?

I should have known from the start that your software wouldn't be worth the drama to try and use. I'll just uninstall tinfoil and forget about this shit. Incognito can go too.

You're a disgrace to the community.

grcd, Stban0626, danfozzy85 and 7 others like this.
  15. bonjorys

bonjorys Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Im having a nightmare with this, my official stock firmware is at 10.0.0 now, the atmosphere i have set up is 9.2.0, everything can boot but if i let tinfoil update to r42 it come up with the red screen telling me to unistalll hekate/kosmos (i dont have kosmos) and if i do that then i cant boot back into atmosphere at all.
    I have tried deleting the patch folders as someone mentioned above,
    I have also tried those new patch files that have been posted and they dont work for me
    is there any way to stop tinfoil auto updating when it starts up ? (as someone else has mentioned i can indeed open in flight mode but i have been unable to load all of the sources, games i can usually search for and download now no longer show up, im guessing i would if i start tinfoil without flight mode but then it auto updates and i cant use it)

16. fast83

fast83 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    This is what I've been searching all morning since the red screen Tinfoil gave me. Nowhere and I mean litterally NOWHERE someone says how to get rid of hekate or kosmos in a definitive way.
    I don't get why people reply "just don't use Tinfoil" to the question "I want to remove Hekate/Kosmos".
    I also don't get why people keep shitposting on how you should do your work (wich is free as of right now) leaving things open source and so on.
    Anyway, I stupidly miss the (Y-Uninstall Kosmos) under the red screen, so I just did that and everything went back to normal.
    Nice to know that there can be an easy way to remove Kosmos by only deleting those two folders.
    Thanks and keep up the great work.

Edit: I realise now that this is my first post since registering in 2009, go figure

Last edited by fast83, Apr 18, 2020
  17. bonjorys

bonjorys Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I have tried using the Y option to delete and i am no longer able to boot into my atmosphere at all with either a hekate payload of fuse primary, i have also tried deleting the folders but then tinfoil wont boot asks for a game card, tried the latest patches people have posted on here same issue good thing i have backups and multiple installs on different micro sd cards

18. Arcie

Arcie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    is the zip file the new sigpatches without using modified Heckate-J?

19. blawar

blawar Developer
    Developer

United States
    Press
    press y on the red screen to uninstall kosmos and continue.

20. fast83

fast83 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    first reboot I had a black screen, I rebooted again and I got normal atmosphere and Tinfoil up and running. Not sure what system you are on, I'm on 9.2.0 not yet updated (and I will stay that way until everything works), since no game requires 10.0 right now.

P.s. as @blawar suggested, I always used two separate Switches, one with my official account, and the other one modded with everything else. I get it that it's not as cheap as using a single Switch, but hey I saved a bit and bought a used one, 150 euros are just two retail games here in Italy, and I'd prefer Nintendo NOT banning my real account, not even if the chances are 1 in a billion.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - atmosphere, support, patches