Hardware Does nobody have a Switch motherboard microSD connector?

LittlestCube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This takes a bit of explaining:

I ran Android on my Switch, and ever since then I've had SD card issues. Thought it was the card until I tried a new one, and same issues occurred (not being able to read games, getting "microSD card has been removed, etc.).

I then thought that running Android had burnt something in my SD reader (whilst overclocking, I might add. You'll find both here and later in this post that I'm not the brightest :P). Naturally I ordered a new reader, disassembled my Switch, took out the old, and put in the new. Nevertheless I found, much to my disappointment, that the exact same problem was occurring, except it was even worse! I couldn't even turn the Switch on (booting into atmosphere from SD card, SD card couldn't be read, you can guess the rest).

After a bit more experimenting, I discovered one of the pins from the SD connector on the motherboard was missing. I looked over, and there it was sitting in one of the SD readers I was using (perhaps I was too rough with it, or the new reader was cheap and had knocked it loose, which would explain why the second I put it in it made everything worse).

TL;DR

The actual problem was discovered: the connector on the motherboard had been faulty the entire time, and so we come to the question.

Where on earth can I find a replacement part, and how do I remove the old one and attach it?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IDK, but people have worked around the same problem by taking the signal(s) for the broken pin(s) from nearby test pads, and connecting them with wire(s) directly to the SD reader board. Have a search in this forum for the details or hope someone comes along who can link you to them.

e: actually someone just bumped a relevant thread - here if you didn't already see it https://gbatemp.net/threads/about-the-microsd-card-connector.523130/#post-8382640

Last edited by hippy dave,

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate