meowo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Singapore
My NDS Lite is close to 1month old. I'm using Supercard MicroSD 1GB with Superkey. 2 weeks ago i notice that my console often by-pass the superkey boot up where i need to depress the superkey slightly at the back while turning on my console. Does anybody here have this same experience? is it normal?

Well the above is not a major problem to me, a few ago, i notice that the game will freeze while i'm playing Animal Crossing WW. Yesterday was the worst...
8.30am to 12noon: i played ACWW without any problem.
1.00pm to 3.00pm: my 3rd sis played New Super Mario Brothers and game freezed 1 time at about 2.30pm
3.00pm to 5.00pm: my 2nd sis played ACWW and the game freezed twice where she got told of by Resetti
6.30pm to 7.00pm: i played New Super Mario Brother with no problem.
8.30pm to 9.30pm: my mum played brain academy and the game freeze 1 time.
9.30pm to 10.00pm: i played Advance War and the game freeze 1 time.

So is there any problem with my flashing device or my ndsl? i think my whole family overwork it here.
wacko.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I doubt it gets overheated. Last week, I was just grinding up my characters on FF3 when my cousin came over, so I kinda forgot and left it turned on, opened not in sleep mode and with the charger plugged in for 2 and about a half days. It was fine when I found it and continued my game as if nothing happened.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it gets overheated. Last week, I was just grinding up my characters on FF3 when my cousin came over, so I kinda forgot and left it turned on, opened not in sleep mode and with the charger plugged in for 2 and about a half days. It was fine when I found it and continued my game as if nothing happened.

Yeah, I've done similiar things with no problem.

Also, me and 2-3 of my brothers play on the same DSL so we often use it for 8-10 hours a day, no problems whatsoever. No PassMe though, its flashed.

meowo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Singapore

how about yours, orc? is your ds flashed?

anybody here using superkey too?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I was using a flashed DS lite but was playing on a cart and not a Supercard/M3 that time... were you playing on your Supercard when it hanged? Seems to me that might be the reason since I sometimes get freezes on both M3 SD and SC SD.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my supercard has never frozen on me.(except in mario and luigi PIT, but its normal for that one spot
tongue.gif
) Ive left it on overnight charging by accident (fell asleep) My ds is flashed.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was using a flashed DS lite but was playing on a cart and not a Supercard/M3 that time... were you playing on your Supercard when it hanged? Seems to me that might be the reason since I sometimes get freezes on both M3 SD and SC SD.

I've only had it freeze on me once, in Phoenix Wright, but I think it was in sleep at that time and I took the original cart out.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that my DS.Lite/SC.Lite too, gets very warm in one case location into the first 15 minutes of watching a DPG video (not cartoon, but live action video).

It also gets quite warm just under the wifi lights (bottom) while listening to a 56k Shoutcast stream (DS.Organize) for several minutes.

Very warm, but by no means is it too hot to handle.

meowo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Singapore

Yes, all my games freeze happen while i'm using my SC lite.
frown.gif

I've noticed that my DS.Lite/SC.Lite too, gets very warm in one case location into the first 15 minutes of watching a DPG video (not cartoon, but live action video).

It also gets quite warm just under the wifi lights (bottom) while listening to a 56k Shoutcast stream (DS.Organize) for several minutes.

Very warm, but by no means is it too hot to handle.

yes speaking of which, i also noticed that the bottom left side of my dsl is warm even though i wasn't playing with it for a long time - at first i thought it was the battery compartment that is warm but it's not.

1 more thing, am i suppose to use my superkey by depressing it a little while turning on? or is my dsl slot1 catch loosen?

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, since I installed flashme within 5 minutes of getting home from bestbuy and taking the DSL out of its mfg box.

The same could be said for the DS prior to my current, and the two other DS before that one as well - my brother, mom, dad and grand parents all own some sort of DS setups. Mine is primarily used for watching TiVo recordings and surfing every page the internet has to offer.... oh, and MrDriller & ZooKeeper

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
seen you have a slow read micro even it could heat-up and crash,
no game freezed on me or never over heated during playing
(only if you play wifi game for long hours then it heat up abit.)

ranmaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno, since I installed flashme within 5 minutes of getting home from bestbuy and taking the DSL out of its mfg box.

The same could be said for the DS prior to my current, and the two other DS before that one as well - my brother, mom, dad and grand parents all own some sort of DS setups. Mine is primarily used for watching TiVo recordings and surfing every page the internet has to offer.... oh, and MrDriller & ZooKeeper

Sorry a bit off topic but,
Umm what app are you surfing with?!?

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I charge mine upside down so the battery can get more air. I know it's not necessary but I still do it.

mrdycko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe it is your supercard randomly popping out during your gameplay or slightly coming disloged, thatll freeze ur system everytime

meowo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Singapore
ok i solved my problem by reformating the microSD card and repatched my SCL.

only 1 problem stays... my superkey, nobody had answer this burning question of mine yet... do i always have to depress my superkey at the back while turning on my dsl? otherwise it won't boot into my SCL

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no you should just leave it in the ds slot, it should always boot your supercard.

or just flash your ds then you wont need the superkey anymore
smile.gif

meowo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Singapore
ya that's what i did. i turn on my ndsl with my superkey inserted. i noticed that sometime it doesn't boot and went straight into the normal date/time/language setting for the ndsl and i had to off it, depress my superkey slightly while turning it on again to make it work...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr