Hacking Does my R4i work with the 3DS?

ff6man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i, and the 3DS Hacking FAQ says that 3 kinds of R4i work with the 3DS, but I'm not sure if that includes my one as I don't really know how to tell what kind of R4i I have. It says R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS) on it with the website "www.R4I-SDHC.com" written at the bottom.

What kind of R4i is this, and will it work if I were to trade in my DSi and get a 3DS? I want to be able to continue to play my DS games, but don't want to risk getting a 3DS if I can't play my games on it.

Thanks in advance.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
from what i saw on the website they released a card for the 3ds.. TBH i would buy an ak2i or a SC DSTWO... these clones generally dont update when console changes... like... they had to release a new card for 1.4.1V and a new card for 3ds..

ff6man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but on the same website under Last updates it says:

R4i V1.35B Update:
1.support R4I 3DS and R4I series products:

So I assumed that meant if I updated my card using that firmware, it would work on a 3DS.

ff6man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I looked on the kernel download page and my card is at the bottom of the list, and apparently it hasn't been updated since July 24'th. Yeah... guess I'm boned. Oh well, no 3DS for me for a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s