Hardware Hacking Does my hacked Switch need a newer firmware for Metroid Dread?

mrmilkman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please bare with me, I'm a total noob.

I installed Metroid Dread when it was first released but it wouldn't run, just came up with an error message: This software was closed because an error occurred." Back then I was running an older version of atmosphere etc etc. So I updated all of that and (which was a bit of a mission for a noob like me) but I got it all installed in the end but I still get the error message.

My Switch is on 10.1.0 firmware. Is this the issue? Do I need to update the firmware? Or is there something else I'm missing?

I'm going to delete Metroid Dread and download it again if it's not the firmware causing this.

Thanks for your help.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update to the latest. Atmosphere supports the latest firmware. I'm surprised people still ask for minimum firmware requirement on games. Simple to update, throw the latest Atmosphere files with the latest sigpatches on a sd card, and run everything like normal without worries

mrmilkman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just update to the latest. Atmosphere supports the latest firmware. I'm surprised people still ask for minimum firmware requirement on games. Simple to update, throw the latest Atmosphere files with the latest sigpatches on a sd card, and run everything like normal without worries
Yeah I hadn't really used my switch for over a year so I was totally out of the loop. And when I leave it for so long I forget all the process and such involved. I was struggling with updating Atmosphere and the sigpatches last night. I think my issue was copying over and not deleting the old files. Also back when I last installed everything it wasn't a great idea to update firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: