ROM Hack Does Mario 64 being decompiled mean a 3DS port is possible?

Ecchi95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, you're the one out of the loop, I've never talked about an emulator, nor stating it doesn't exist. You can't quote me on that one.
My point is that the original Super Mario 64 is running on the 3DS.

You were not aware that it was.

Steeljackrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found this sm64 3ds port that was posted in a YT video description litterally uploaded 3 hrs ago. i expected it to be fake but it runs although with sound glitches

https://anonfiles.com/JcJd89Iaoe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i found this sm64 3ds port that was posted in a YT video description litterally uploaded 3 hrs ago. i expected it to be fake but it runs although with sound glitches

proof

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_063932~01.jpg
    IMG_20200728_063932~01.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 298

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

proof

is this safe to run? seems fishy i don't wanna brick my 3DS just to play mario64

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

proof

It's weird how these ports keep being distributed "anonymously" by randoms, without proper credit. You'd think the porters would upload their code to GitHub as a fork of the disassembly or something.
First the Switch port which was for some reason credited to JITS (who deny they had anything to do with it) and now this with no credit.

On another note, you know what would be nice to see? Someone backporting the extra content from SM64DS. That would be the superior version to play, were it not for the fact that it doesn't have analog support. Getting all the extra stars and the extra characters ported over to the original would make that the ultimate version.

Reactions: Nutez and DSoryu

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
It's weird how these ports keep being distributed "anonymously" by randoms, without proper credit. You'd think the porters would upload their code to GitHub as a fork of the disassembly or something.
First the Switch port which was for some reason credited to JITS (who deny they had anything to do with it) and now this with no credit.

On another note, you know what would be nice to see? Someone backporting the extra content from SM64DS. That would be the superior version to play, were it not for the fact that it doesn't have analog support. Getting all the extra stars and the extra characters ported over to the original would make that the ultimate version.

@The Real Jdbye In fairness, the author of this port registered on this forum today in response to Gericom uploading his source to github.

Steeljackrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more news on this guys! i found a GITHUB project for a 3DS version! i'm unsure if its the same one i found on Youtube or how it plays, it requires you to compile it yourself it looks like and i haven't got around to it.
https://github.com/sm64-port/sm64_3ds

EDIT: oh, it looks like the poster above me basically already said that... oops, well theres the link anyway for the lazy

Last edited by Steeljackrabbit,

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We (JITS) do not make the port, however we do directly have contact with the team who does. They send me or jester the nsps directly to upload to JITS and they use our discord for bug reports, but they are not part of our team.

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
To make it clear: currently it is not possible to make a release that is not illegal to distribute. I don't want legal issues and I don't support piracy. Ideally it should be possible to load the assets from a sm64 rom at runtime instead of at compile time. As for the source code, making that public is up to the decomp team. The code has been included in their repo. If they decide to make it public at some point it will be available.

Real quick -- can you provide checksums for USA .3dsx builds from the source code? I want to check them against the build I've got.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water