Hacking Does Luma Updater work with emunand/sysnand?

Klip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I figured I'd add Lumaupdater (from https://github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases) just to simplify the process by not having to take out my SD each time I need to update Luma...however my 3DS currently does not use A9LH, still in the older emunand/sysnand as I used to have Rxtools till about a month ago and then switched to Luma.

To the point: if I install the lumaupdater .cia on my emunand (running Luma) will it properly update my CFW? or is lumaupdater only designed to be used with a a9lh set up? the last thing I want is the updater itself to improperly install the files and mess things up. Does it work with emunand just fine? anyone use it ?

Klip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/wiki/Getting-started-(for-Menuhax-users)
If it's working for menuhax, then it should be fine too for emunand.

I have a bit of a problem with that. It says in the file to do set "payload path = /path/to/Luma3DS.dat" depending on where that file is. Well I actually don't have that file at all? I have boot.3dsx and the arm9loaderhax.bin files in the root only, never had a problem with Luma so I'm not sure why this file is not there ?

Klip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought star updater was not working any longer with the latest versions of Luma? says on the github: "NOTE: This is discontinued and will not work with Luma3DS 6.1.3 or newer for menuhax. It should still work for arm9loaderhax, but no promises."

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Luma3DS doesn't use the dat anymore, only browserhax users need it.
The menuhax users only need arm9loaderhax.bin and boot.3dsx for menuhax.

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I figured I'd add Lumaupdater (from https://github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases) just to simplify the process by not having to take out my SD each time I need to update Luma...however my 3DS currently does not use A9LH, still in the older emunand/sysnand as I used to have Rxtools till about a month ago and then switched to Luma.

To the point: if I install the lumaupdater .cia on my emunand (running Luma) will it properly update my CFW? or is lumaupdater only designed to be used with a a9lh set up? the last thing I want is the updater itself to improperly install the files and mess things up. Does it work with emunand just fine? anyone use it ?

Luma3DS doesn't use the dat anymore, only browserhax users need it.
The menuhax users only need arm9loaderhax.bin and boot.3dsx for menuhax.

^What he said, since luma just uses the arm9loaderhax.bin to boot, regular luma updater would work perfectly sinces it just updates that.

That beeing said, it used to have an option so it would update the old .dat as well, but needed a config file to do so, but whateves.. its ancient history now.

Klip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just install the cia with FBI as per normal on emunand and just run it as is, then? easy peasy, thanks dudes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.