Gaming Does kid icarus uprising have dual audio?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well when i buy a game that is based on a classic nes game, or any game that is a franchise i expect it have some elements of the 1st game or the franchise that makes it recognizable as that game,
this game removed all the things that made the original so good and so unique and then just threw in a bunch of useless random stupid BS garbage that nobody wants or cares about , the "labyrinth " levels for one are totally linear there is no puzzle or exploration element to them,just arrows that show which way to go all the time

and what happened to the pencil and the torch? they were like the compass and the map in zelda for the underworld /labyrinth levels, it dont have those,its just so linear there is no exploration element to it and no real challenging puzzle element,
and it dont have startegically placed shops, ,you just buy items from the title screen when you die or are between levels ,thats stupid and nothing like the original game

also not like the original game ,the eggplant wizards cure just wears off in a few seconds,no finding a hospital to remove it,again no exploring elements ,they were removed

totally not like the original game

and the control is a mess, the 3ds is A PORTABE SYSTEM, but to play this thing comfortably you need that stupid stand and a table and a chair , am i supposed to bring a table,chair and the stand everywhere i go?
not that i care about playing my 3ds on the go really, but the control is horrible you have to be sitting down at a table or its near impossible to control the game and to keep the screen positioned so that the 3d is focused right ,when i play without the stand i get all kinds of cramps in my hands, and still can not keep the thing at the right angle to see the 3d without it ghosting

but aside from that the control scheme is crap ,it just sucks ,
and the control for , those car things and vehicles have awful control too, the whole control scheme is a $@!T mess, WTF were they thinking?

and the fiends cauldron is the stupidest idea anyone ever had, i hate it, its pointless and retarded, just give me normal difficulty setting,enough with this stupid crap

and the game is too easy ,and too childish, also too many random weapons ,too much doing math too many random numbers for weapon ratings i could give a $#!t , i want to play a game not do math
soo many #'s and strength ratings that are so random, i could give $#!t about all the stupid random weapons and combing them some of which combine to give a weaker weapon and cant be undone ,
there was more strategy to the 1st game this game is just a shooter ,no exploration ,no real strategy ,they just took out all the elements that made the 1st game good and then just threw in a bunch of stupid random BS for the sake of making the game seem more complicated for the sake of making it seem more complicated , like the idol thing where you toss the egg, WTF is that,its useless,it has no point its just there for the sake of being there

like the stupid item box that looks like tetris, im sorry is this kid icarus? or tetris? maybe its metroid ,after all it has metroids and space pirates in it
in 20 years since the 1st game they couldnt have come up with something better than this? it pathetic really ,
they should have not used the stupid touch screen like they did ,they shuld have used the gyro control and or the circle pad pro , which can only be used for the same control scheme only left handed

and only a 6 year old who never played the original would like this steaming pile of dog mess
the game is too childish and easy too
and it is about as much kid icarus as castlevania lords of shadow is a castlevania game
the whole industry is getting way out of touch and disconnected IMO

Reactions: qweasd123

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and only a 6 year old who never played the original would like this steaming pile of dog mess
the game is too childish and easy too
You really are trying to flame this game on every thread, admit that yes although it isn't like the original its actually pretty decent for a rail shooter

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i will admit that, the thing that pissed me off is that it took 20 years and they gave us a mediocre game that should have been a masterpiece that was like the original.
they should have called it something else and made a decent sequel instead

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
*Pointless wall of text*
ok totalnoob, what on earth is your problem? I defended you in one thread when people were giving you a hard time, but now I can't really blame them... you're quite literally trolling every thread that's even barely related to Kid Icarus: Uprising just so you can rant against it and make it clear how self-entitled you are by demanding a refund from Nintendo, blablabla. We get it, you don't like the game. Post it once, or start a thread about it, and leave it at that. Don't troll every thread with your anti-fanboyish posts about how much it sucks. Get a life and go play another game if you don't like it. Seriously.

PS: I played the original (though I haven't yet beaten it) for quite a few months before this came out, in preparation, and I'm 22. No need to insult an entire demographic of gamers who bought the game and liked it.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
oh well maybe someday 3ds will be hacked and someone cad make it work with the gyro
Hey now, if the Nintendo Network does come to pass and OTA updates to games does turn out to be a real feature, then theoretically the gyro feature could be officially added, if enough people asked Nintendo to do it. :D

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does Kid Icarus even need dual audio?

To be honest I think every localized jap game should have dual audio just to shut weeaboos the fuck up about it. It gets so old hearing "waaah I can understand what's being said!" and it's not that difficult to add a dual audio option. Though I think they shouldn't have subs. If people don't want to understand the game, they should commit to it. Subs are cheating.
no its not your just some tone deaf person who thinks american voice acting is the best in the world when its clearly not. if people like subs then it doesn't affect you just get over it and move on.

How extensive is your knowledge of the Japanese language, exactly?
Unless you're quite well off with understanding spoken Japanese, you have no idea how good Japanese VAing is. Not even a clue. It's more "ignorance is bliss" than anything.

This also isn't 1964, voice acting is quite well done in most every instance. I mean there are a few (Arc Rise Fantasia) landmines sitting around (Illich Guardiola), however I can pretty much guarantee it's the same in all languages, native to the media or not, there's going to be some bad VAing, and some bad voice actors in general.
The only people who ever bitch about English voice acting are weeaboos. They're the only subspecies of human sickly enough to find a need to whine and bitch about something they literally have no basis for bitching about. You're idolizing a language you can't understand aside from key words like desu and arigatou gozaimasu.

Oh and being tone deaf is a term related to music. In fact that's kind of an odd thing about tone deafness as people who ARE tone deaf have no problem with human speech.
But hey thanks for trying.
i never said that the japanese voice acting is better i said its corny but not being able to understand the corny stuff is better than listen to some american prat say the corny things in a way that makes you want to rip your ears off. its easier to tolerate horrible voice acting when you don't understand it instead of having it shoved in your face and its not weeaboo to hate English voice acting because even the Chinese voice acting is better than that english i mean american bullshit.

Reactions: qweasd123

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Kid Icarus even need dual audio?

To be honest I think every localized jap game should have dual audio just to shut weeaboos the fuck up about it. It gets so old hearing "waaah I can understand what's being said!" and it's not that difficult to add a dual audio option. Though I think they shouldn't have subs. If people don't want to understand the game, they should commit to it. Subs are cheating.
no its not your just some tone deaf person who thinks american voice acting is the best in the world when its clearly not. if people like subs then it doesn't affect you just get over it and move on.

How extensive is your knowledge of the Japanese language, exactly?
Unless you're quite well off with understanding spoken Japanese, you have no idea how good Japanese VAing is. Not even a clue. It's more "ignorance is bliss" than anything.

This also isn't 1964, voice acting is quite well done in most every instance. I mean there are a few (Arc Rise Fantasia) landmines sitting around (Illich Guardiola), however I can pretty much guarantee it's the same in all languages, native to the media or not, there's going to be some bad VAing, and some bad voice actors in general.
The only people who ever bitch about English voice acting are weeaboos. They're the only subspecies of human sickly enough to find a need to whine and bitch about something they literally have no basis for bitching about. You're idolizing a language you can't understand aside from key words like desu and arigatou gozaimasu.

Oh and being tone deaf is a term related to music. In fact that's kind of an odd thing about tone deafness as people who ARE tone deaf have no problem with human speech.
But hey thanks for trying.
i never said that the japanese voice acting is better i said its corny but not being able to understand the corny stuff is better than listen to some american prat say the corny things in a way that makes you want to rip your ears off. its easier to tolerate horrible voice acting when you don't understand it instead of having it shoved in your face and its not weeaboo to hate English voice acting because even the Chinese voice acting is better than that english i mean american bullshit.
You sound mad bro, its not there. Deal with it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So you just hate ALL voice acting regardless of quality or origin.

...then shut the fuck up because no one cares.

Reactions: 2 people

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This. THIS THIS and A HUNDRED FUCKING TIMES THIS!!!

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the game and the voice acting is GOOD.

It would have been a nice feature dual audio but yeah, see it from the bright sight: "G-FORCE IN MY FFFFAAAAAAACCCEEEEE" xD Pit is cute and funny ^~^

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Not all English games have bad dubs. Metal Gear Solid 4 and No More Heroes have amazing English dub. As for Kid Icaruse Uprising, I hate voice actors and humor is bad too. Thankfully, you can mute voices and leave music

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free