Does hulu still have....

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by G36cBossMan, Jun 2, 2014.

1. G36cBossMan
    OP

G36cBossMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    Does hulu still have ads? I'm not paying money in there is other then that I like Hulu though anyway just trying to find out

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
  3. G36cBossMan
    OP

G36cBossMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    Ok thanks when will they Learn how much Better they would be doing by getting rid of those ads? that's why Netflix is doing so much better...

4. hxchemicalkid

hxchemicalkid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2012
    United States
    New Jersey
    Netflix isn't run by the cable company :P

5. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    There is merit to both services. Netflix has generally better selection of movies and solid seasons of shows. Hulu generally has deals with new shows of current seasons and loads of anime. As stated, there are ads, but if ads bother you that much, you might want to re-evaluate your life. On demand, HD, and large selections at your disposal, I can deal with a few ads. But at the end of the day, they are both pretty limited in selection. Most of the content on either service are only worth an average of 2.5 to 3 stars anyways.

6. G36cBossMan
    OP

G36cBossMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    You still shouldn't have to pay for ads keep them in the free one don't make us pay for ads that's bs there's even ads in Hulu plus the one you pay for

7. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Why pat at all ;)?

8. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    People pay for cable but there are commercials on the vast majority of channels. The reason why is because the content you're getting isn't developed from where you're getting it. Time Warner Cable doesn't make your favorite TV shows, and neither does Hulu (unless your favorite TV shows are those Hulu-based ones, and I doubt that). Hulu needs to pay the content developers, so they make up for that by ads. Of course, the ad problem could go away if you torrent. (:

9. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    Hulu has a lot of Korean Drama that my parents watch. It's easy for them to browse instead of making me DL all the time. They don't seem to be bothered by the ads.

10. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US
    the ads are really not that bad, i hated it at first but now it doesnt bother me as much. The ads are only about 1 minute, sometimes 30 secs every 10 mins or so, which is better than cable/sat/tv which are like 2-3 mins every 10 mins and you have to pay there too (unless your using hd antenna). hulu also has newer seasons of current shows, netflix is usually one season behind. they both have their plus and minuses, I subscribe to both and use both almost daily. my only real problem with hulu is when it comes to anime they generally only have sub only, and for the ones they have dubs its just thrown in with the subs, kind of a pain to navigate. where as on netflix you can usually just change the audio language after the epsode starts playing