Hacking Does homebrew/loadiine rewrite system menu files?

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm giving my Wii U as a gift to someone in my family, they don't know about the homebrew, and I don't intend to tell them. I don't want them to run into any trouble. They're not interested or savvy enough to download homebrew or games, or block Nintendo's servers through their router.

From my understanding, all the exploit's files are on the SD card, and none of the Wii U's firmware was overwritten, is that right? So basically the web exploit tricks the Wii U into temporarily reading Loadiine from my SD, while thinking it's Mii Maker?

I don't want them to try to format it and get bricked, or get banned from Nintendo's servers or anything. If I just remove the SD, do a system format and update, will it be like a new Wii U, or is there some risk involved for them? Would I be wiser to buy a new one?

Thanks in advance, don't spank my ass too hard, I know I'm an idiot

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All you really need to do is take out the SD card, the current exploits don't change anything in the system permanently

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
You can safely remove the SD card. As far as I'm aware, no homebrew at the moment makes any permanent changes to any system files.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm giving my Wii U as a gift to someone in my family, they don't know about the homebrew, and I don't intend to tell them. I don't want them to run into any trouble. They're not interested or savvy enough to download homebrew or games, or block Nintendo's servers through their router.

From my understanding, all the exploit's files are on the SD card, and none of the Wii U's firmware was overwritten, is that right? So basically the web exploit tricks the Wii U into temporarily reading Loadiine from my SD, while thinking it's Mii Maker?

I don't want them to try to format it and get bricked, or get banned from Nintendo's servers or anything. If I just remove the SD, do a system format and update, will it be like a new Wii U, or is there some risk involved for them? Would I be wiser to buy a new one?

Thanks in advance, don't spank my ass too hard, I know I'm an idiot
No, nothing permanent. Reboot and you're "unhacked"

Reactions: olec04

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !