Homebrew Question Does hbmenu crash when docked for anyone else? SX OS 1.2

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if it's an issue with SX OS, emailing them is the best thing you can do and they will respond. If it's a problem with SX OS how is anyone else supposed to help you?

I’m just wondering if it has happened to anyone else. If there’s a large report of it happening then I would email them. Otherwise, it might be an isolated case and something I did wrong.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that's the issue, apparently SX OS has trouble when it sees those files.

That is what I am thinking as well because "._" files make FTPd not function correctly as well (not allowing root access).

Issue is I have a mac. So I may just have to install VMware with Windows 10 and reformat my sd card. Then any files I put on the card will have to be done thru VMware cuz using File Explorer on a Mac will create those "._" files.

That's the only solution that I can think of. Kind of a process for something so trivial. I hope it works tho.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is what I am thinking as well because "._" files make FTPd not function correctly as well (not allowing root access).

Issue is I have a mac. So I may just have to install VMware with Windows 10 and reformat my sd card. Then any files I put on the card will have to be done thru VMware cuz using File Explorer on a Mac will create those "._" files.

That's the only solution that I can think of. Kind of a process for something so trivial. I hope it works tho.
In terminal put the following:
dot_clean /path/to/your/microsd

See if that helps.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, s
In terminal put the following:
dot_clean /path/to/your/microsd

See if that helps.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that option. That was mentioned elsewhere as well. I can try that first. Just gotta wait til I get out of work tonight.

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted with exFAT in windows, I archived all folders and files on the card after putting my hbmenu back on the root, as well as psnes and ftpd in the switch folder. Everything works in handheld. Psnes works docked if I load it in handheld first then dock it. If I try to load hbmenu while docked the switch crashes and I have to reload cfw.

So idk. I’m just curious if anyone else can load hbmenu while docked without it crashing using sx os 1.2 and an exFAT formatted sd card (Samsung evo plus btw)

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I formatted with exFAT in windows, I archived all folders and files on the card after putting my hbmenu back on the root, as well as psnes and ftpd in the switch folder. Everything works in handheld. Psnes works docked if I load it in handheld first then dock it. If I try to load hbmenu while docked the switch crashes and I have to reload cfw.

So idk. I’m just curious if anyone else can load hbmenu while docked without it crashing using sx os 1.2 and an exFAT formatted sd card (Samsung evo plus btw)
I tested docked, sx os 1.2 on my exfat 256gb Samsung evo. I would suggest trying the hbmenu.nro from these SDFiles: https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases/download/v3/Hekate-SDFilesV3.zip

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested docked, sx os 1.2 on my exfat 256gb Samsung evo. I would suggest trying the hbmenu.nro from these SDFiles: https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases/download/v3/Hekate-SDFilesV3.zip

Thanks for your input.

I can see the modified date of the hbmenu.nro file located in that zip file in the link you posted is more recent than version 2.0.0 found here: https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu/releases

Maybe it includes all the most recent commits.. I think.

Thank you, I will try tonight.

Last edited by morrison22,

Lee Griffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your input.

I can see the modified date of the hbmenu.nro file located in that zip file in the link you posted is more recent than version 2.0.0 found here: https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu/releases

Maybe it includes all the most recent commits.. I think.

Thank you, I will try tonight.

Did this work for you? i'm still getting this crash.

Is the hbmenu.nro supposed to be in the sdcard root or /switch ?

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this work for you? i'm still getting this crash.

Is the hbmenu.nro supposed to be in the sdcard root or /switch ?

It works so far but I have not fully tested it (only used it 2-3 times).
I figured I'd let time pass and wait for future updates then try again another time.

hbmenu.nro is to be placed on the sdcard root.

I am not even sure what is the cause of the crash. I just assumed hbmenu, but it could be ftpd, or psnes? idk.

Lee Griffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works so far but I have not fully tested it (only used it 2-3 times).
I figured I'd let time pass and wait for future updates then try again another time.

hbmenu.nro is to be placed on the sdcard root.

I am not even sure what is the cause of the crash. I just assumed hbmenu, but it could be ftpd, or psnes? idk.

If I just load up hbmenu and let it sit long enough it crashes. Loading pFBA or pSNES will crash it, but VBA-Next works fine as long as I select it before it crashes.

Loading up pSNES or pFBA in handheld, then docking before loading the rom doesnt crash it.

All this stuff is still very early so I'm not complaining, but it is a bit tricky.

Reactions: morrison22
D

Deleted-351540

Yep it does for me. If I'm docked before starting Homebrew Menu it will crash, but if I start the Homebrew Menu before I dock my Switch it seems to work fine.

Edit: Just tried. SX OS 1.3 didn't fix it either.

Last edited by ,

falby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My hbmenu is fine when docked in sdmc:/switch/ directory, but if I click (B) (Back) to enter the root directory, it will crash every time when docked. Which is not a major issue for me since I have no reason to enter root with hbmenu, all my NRO files (except hbmenu) are in subdirectories of Switch. Just need to be careful not to click back by mistake.

Mine is setup with the NRO files in each subdirectory of Switch, for example, pfba.nro is inside the pfba directory. Not sure if that might make any difference for the folks having issues.

Last edited by falby,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.