Hacking does having a nand.bin backup of 9.2 help downgrade with no hardmad?

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend updated his console to 10.3 ,i set up his emunand and i have a backup of his 9.2 nand.bin
so my question is ,can this be of any help for downgrading if i do not intend to install a hardmod flasher setup?
i know the downgrade process is still buggy at the moment os i was wondering if haing the actuall nand.bin backup for the console would be of any use to make it go smoother?
is there a way to flash a 9.2 nand.bin from HBL? is basically what i am asking

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
No, because to make use of an encrypted NAND backup, you need ARM9 control, which is publicly only possible on 9.2 or lower. He's gonna have to downgrade the same way as everyone else on 9.3+ :D

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend updated his console to 10.3 ,i set up his emunand and i have a backup of his 9.2 nand.bin
so my question is ,can this be of any help for downgrading if i do not intend to install a hardmod flasher setup?
i know the downgrade process is still buggy at the moment os i was wondering if haing the actuall nand.bin backup for the console would be of any use to make it go smoother?
is there a way to flash a 9.2 nand.bin from HBL? is basically what i am asking

If something goes wrong during the downgrade, it may come in handy after a hard mod. But to answer your question, no. It won't help during the downgrade.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If something goes wrong during the downgrade, it may come in handy after a hard mod. But to answer your question, no. It won't help during the downgrade.
ok thanks so these new exploits also do not make it possible for someone to develop a tool that could be run from the 10.3/ HBL
that would allow us to flash a nand.bin backup from a lower fw, 9.2, (taken from the same console of course)
i am surprised there is no tool out to do this unless it is technically impossible

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks so these new exploits also do not make it possible for someone to develop a tool that could be run from the 10.3/ HBL
that would allow us to flash a nand.bin backup from a lower fw, 9.2, (taken from the same console of course)
i am surprised there is no tool out to do this unless it is technically impossible

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do that. Even if it can be done, there has been no reason to develop a tool like that. If you're on an O3DS, I would say it is pretty safe to go ahead and use sysupdater to downgrade. Like I said before, you have the backup as insurance if anything does happen to go wrong.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, because to make use of an encrypted NAND backup, you need ARM9 control, which is publicly only possible on 9.2 or lower. He's gonna have to downgrade the same way as everyone else on 9.3+ :D
ok thanks i will tell him he should wait till GW releases their DG solution

also i wonder if you know if the trouble with DG-ing is happening to consoles that were never on 9.2
or more aptly if having a console that was originally on 9.2 increases chances of a successful downgrade

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do that. Even if it can be done, there has been no reason to develop a tool like that. If you're on an O3DS, I would say it is pretty safe to go ahead and use sysupdater to downgrade. Like I said before, you have the backup as insurance if anything does happen to go wrong.
ok thaks i didn't see vappy's post before i replied,
also thanks for reminding me yes it is a N3ds xl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat