Hacking Does Gecko Region Free work for all games?

bubbleboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a JAP wii and Gecko runs pretty much everything.

I'm thinking of getting a PAL wii. Will it run all my US and JAP games? If not all, approximately how many? Are there any other disadvantages?

Thanks!

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
The Gecko Region does not run every game, and it's pretty much random of what it doesn't play. There aren't any disadvantages of what I can think of...But what are you thinking of when you say 'disadvantages'?

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
One big disadvantage of GeckoOS is that it gets the date wrong when you're playing games that you have booted from it -- the date inside your games will always be 1/1/2000. It doesn't mess with your Wii's actual clock, that will be correct once you return to the Wii's menu.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
CambridgeGuy said:
One big disadvantage of GeckoOS is that it gets the date wrong when you're playing games that you have booted from it -- the date inside your games will always be 1/1/2000. It doesn't mess with your Wii's actual clock, that will be correct once you return to the Wii's menu.
But that doesn't really matter TBH, only in Real Time games such as Animal Crossing.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah

i believe there is a list in his forums only that it is down right now

color fix version now in my sig might not work with usa-pal, but perfect with pal-ntscj

bubbleboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your replies.. how many % of the games do you think will work? A very rough guess will do! Still not sure..!
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning