Hardware Does GameStop let you know the firmware of a system of you ask?

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as soon as something is opened its considered used. So if i buy a game thats opened i should be getting it for a used price. i bet you if i bought a new game and opened in right in gamestop then tried to pass it as new they would say its used. Some gamestops by me were opening new games and re-sealing them as people were buying them

impulseADH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was allowed to turn on multiple N3DS and 2DS but I have known the manager (cute girl in her 20s) for years, so.. easy. This is what happens when you use your lunch hour to go to gamestop re: psp/ps3/3ds/vita etc scenes for years though. :)

npt

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might get lucky at gamestop. If you know a staff member it might be cool. But the only time I tried asking to look before buying they made me feel like I was a bother.

I guess it depends on who's working and how great their day is going. Probably better off asking ebay sellers for the serial and look it up on the confirmed FW thread.

Best of luck!

Reactions: HaloEffect17

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If i go to a gaming shop, well i have a feeling they wont help me to find a exploitable n3ds. Maybe online shops can help me, anyways i dont need a n3ds for now, even if it runs emulators at full speed and exclusive games.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully any employees here learn that this could lead to a sale (and perhaps many more). But I guess any GS employee who is also a temper would already know this.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I straight-up told the guys at my local one what I was hunting for and why (9.0.0 N3DS). They opened four new ones for me to check before we found one. But then again I've been going there for three years and they know me =/

I'm assuming you mean homebrew/flash cards. And they were just cool w/ dat?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really does depend on the store and person.
when i went to get my N3ds in queens i asked the guy im looking for a certain N3ds model and if you have it ill definitely buy it now.
but then the guy was a real ass saying oooohh i cant let you see or hold the n3ds unless your buying it. i said if you let me see it i will, i even offered him to hold my wallet he still said no. so after giving that store a terrible review on google i went to a gamestop in brooklyn and asked the same.
im looking for a certain N3ds model and of you have it ill definitely buy it.
the guy said ok what model are you looking for i i told him serial starting with QW1033 and he asked what color. and said red and he even let me closely examine it. i opened it did the setup and found it to be exactly what i wanted ver 9.0 i said this is it ill take it.
that guy was super helpful, i saw so happy i did the survey for him lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol