Hacking Does EZ Flash Omega require fixed ROMs, or can I remove them from my library to save storage space?

ScottSchods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Currently my GBA ROM library for my EZ Flash Omega is around 34gb due to downloading an archive of every ROM with many file versions, and many of these are made up of standard versions: [f_4] versions and [f_5] versions. Will the EZ Flash Omega have any problems with the standard ROMs, or will I require the fixed ROMs? Or does compatibility vary from game-to-game? Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some of the things with sensors ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/buying-a-gba-flash-cart-in-2013.341203/page-18#post-4756995 has those) you may want to investigate the patches available as they can often be customised a bit. I can't recall right now what the Omega has onboard for things like warioware (tilt sensor) and Boktai (solar sensor), and do normally go with something a bit more custom anyway, not to mention that is the complete list on that link as far as I am aware (the Omega having a clock, unlike the EZ4, so no need to worry about RTC).

I am not sure what collection that is offhand (I don't recognise the naming conventions in your post, however I tend not to venture into anything other than the pure stuff these days), though most likely a goodtools set if it has that many in (your basic Scene and No-intro type sets mainly just containing pure ROMs or as released by the Scene which can be different to pure but also not what such a collection might include).
At the same time your set might include some translations, trainers and the like. Personally I would go find the current version of the translation or trainer and use that -- updates do happen and most of those sorts of collections end up out of date, however you will probably still have playable things.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
speak of that, i hate pokemon roms. too many versions. then the crap cheap movie based games.
I can understand the pokemon ones -- they are usually ones with the fancy extra features you get to work around in both hardware and software, weird save types, timing issues, possibly strange anti piracy and all the rest, random hackers making all sorts of odd versions that might conflict with other things, and the fans of them are incessant with you all being on the front line of supporting them (it is bad enough just being on forums as someone that knows about emulators and flash carts, can only imagine what supporting a product is like).
Cash in/tie in titles for films though? They are rarely great games and few people play them more than a month after release but do they cause you that many traumas? I don't usually see them in the list of troublesome games as the makers of them are usually way too cheap to pay for any extra hardware. Or was it more finding yourself with one after another to possibly manually patch or find a cheat injection point for to do an update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm