Homebrew Does EmuNAND increases battery usage or is my battery dying

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When the scene exploded i inmediatly installed EmuNAND. While i decide to jump ship to A9LH i observed that my o3DS' battery gets depleted crazy fast, to the point that i can't play with 3D+max vol+Wifi without the red light blinking in less than 20 min.

I'm looking at this as one of the reasons to jump to A9LH (tbh i read the tutorial over and over and it's just long and somewhat scary) but before going through the hassle i wanted to ask, is it normal for the battery life to be reduced like that or is it just dying?

Also, please stick to the topic, no A9HL evangelizers please.

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't noticed a decrease yet. It's too early to say on my n3ds xl, but my 2ds still has the same battery life as before.

hii915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the scene exploded i inmediatly installed EmuNAND. While i decide to jump ship to A9LH i observed that my o3DS' battery gets depleted crazy fast, to the point that i can't play with 3D+max vol+Wifi without the red light blinking in less than 20 min.

I'm looking at this as one of the reasons to jump to A9LH (tbh i read the tutorial over and over and it's just long and somewhat scary) but before going through the hassle i wanted to ask, is it normal for the battery life to be reduced like that or is it just dying?

Also, please stick to the topic, no A9HL evangelizers please.
your battery is fucked. Emunand battery is short but not that short

Reactions: mironicurse

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think your battery is dying. When I used Emunand and now using A9LH I didn't notice a significant drop in the battery as bad as yours.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20 mins to deplete from fully charged is a bit much. The o3ds drains more regardless imo, as I put my n3ds with my o3ds side by side on a full charge, left on the main menu (full brightness and WiFi on)

The o3ds needed charging before the n3ds.

D

Deleted-379826

Either it's just me or lately I've seen a pretty significant but small drop in power on my Sysnand only n3ds xl a9lh but I think it's just me(it's probably because of the over locking and I so easily noticed it?)

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I say it does, since the system has to read a ton more data from the SD than usual. Also would put more stress of the card itself, especially microSDs.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using a DS flash cart? Because some of them, especially the DSTwo, can drain the battery like crazy. If not then chances are your battery is toast.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It has the same battery life as the o3DS in fact.

Anyway the thread can be closed already. Thank you everyone for your help.
Just quickly chiming in, installing A9LH reduces the number of SD reads, leading to slightly longer battery time and less wear on the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: