Does emunand have to be made on the 3DS you will be using it on?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chrushev, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Chrushev
    OP

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Can I make emunan on a different 3DS? This way they will automagically be unlinked with my sysnand?

Margen67 likes this.
  2. blinkzane
    This message by blinkzane has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jan 13, 2015, Reason: One word post.
    Jan 13, 2015
  3. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    Good idea to re-read the instructions. Anyways, yes, it only works on the 3DS you are using, because each system is encrypted using a key that is unique to that hardware, so you can't use the emunand from another person's 3DS, since their key will be different from yours. So don't bother trying to get someone else's emunand, because it won't work. I assume you're asking because you updated your system and now you can't use Gateway?

4. Chrushev
    OP

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    No im on 9.2 with emunand on 9.4. all is well i just dont want to keep unwrapping cias and cant unlink via formating sysnand because I have stuff on there I cant re-download

5. GotKrypto76

GotKrypto76 That one PHP guy.

Dec 1, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    The Chamber of Kim
    Formatting Emunand through the "Format System Memory" option in the settings application on emunand seemed to unlink it for me on both 9.2 and 4.5 Sysnands. That may be an option if you don't mind reinstalling the CIA files. Be sure to check that the firmware version says GW3D before going through and formatting it though.

If you go through with this please let me know how it worked!

6. Chrushev
    OP

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    if your sysnand and emunand are linked then every time you go into emunand all CIAs are wrapped