Homebrew Does EmuNand have finite install space?

fallenangemon0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed when booting into the Neek2o NAND there are only so many slots for channels...

I installed a lot of N64 and WiiWare games via the wad installer in USB loader and some aren't working at all/crashing (weird "MEM;:.-817?4?/$,)2" buggy looking message). Is this due to the size limitation of virtual nands or is there just imperfect compatibility with certain WiiWare titles no matter what? Are the games that appear when loaded in Neek2o the ones that load properly in USB Loader GX?

(Game that crashes is Muscle March,
Which according to the list works)

fallenangemon0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever even seen this message? I looked around everywhere and have never even seen it reproduced in any other scenario. Even booting from Neek Mode or different IOS/different wad of same game yields this! (Muscle March)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 222

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically the only limit is the amount of space on your storage device. That message looks like something on your filesystem is corrupted.

NTSC-U Muscle March should definitely work from either EmuNAND or NEEK. Maybe yours is corrupt?

fallenangemon0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically the only limit is the amount of space on your storage device. That message looks like something on your filesystem is corrupted.

NTSC-U Muscle March should definitely work from either EmuNAND or NEEK. Maybe yours is corrupt?

That's what makes no sense to me. My file system should be fine. I used the dark umbra tutorial to "repair" corrupt wads using Wadmii and the decryption tools but even that process didn't get this working. Some WiiWare actually will just openly state that the filesystem is corrupt in a message, which is probably what that method is going to remedy. I on the other hand have never gotten past this screen. Does this message display if I don't have the proper IOS maybe? 90% of everything runs fine from either 249 or 250 so I perhaps only assumed that could never be the problem.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a cIOS on NEEK to launch WW/VC. It thinks it's running on a real NAND.

If a WAD is corrupt repairing won't fix the corrupt contents. At the most it would just be able to fix the filesystem. An incorrect hash inside the app containers indicates the content isn't valid.

fallenangemon0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: I meant Neek mode in the launch settings for the game!

Is there a way to verify this is the problem?

I've 2 different WADs. I'll give about 4 more a shot if I can find them.

UPDATE: Still no luck. Even with 4 different WADs I still get the exact same error on booting it no matter how the emulation is set up...

Going to build a fresh NAND via ModMii but this time without dumping an entire WiiWare/N64 collection into the temp folder to have it ready to go....

Last edited by fallenangemon0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: