heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not care if you think it is a clone of the Cylco DS, or if this poll was done before. Hopefully if many vote yes, the mods will create it. As you can see, the section 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' is quickly becoming the edge section.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh.. jusding from how this vote is going and will prolly end... one choice is ALL that's needed
tongue.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally think NO due to been as said above a " CLONE "

There should just be one large section for all clone cards to be housed in.

A question: is the edge basically a cyclods and if so does it do everything the cyclods does and in the same way? Oh and is the firmware a hacked cyclo ds one?

cheers.......... paul

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heyyouguys said:
I do not care *SNIP* if this poll was done before.

*agree
/agree
!agree
#ALIAS agree {emote agrees!!!}

btw... this post isin full agreement to heyyouguys, should be a new one started monthly/weekly till EDGE has it's on topic
smile.gif

heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ozzymud said:
heyyouguys said:
I do not care ~ or if this poll was done before.

*agree
/agree
!agree
#ALIAS agree {emote agrees!!!}

Read the first post. I stated that "I do not care if you think it is a clone of the Cylco DS, or if this poll was done before."

I had voted in the old old old poll as well. I do not see the issue with starting another section. If you do not like it, do not go to it to read.

heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:
There is a Forum for N-Card & Clones, even the sad, old eWin has a Forum.
Hell yes, EDGE, the best flash card for under $50 deserves its own Forum!

grog.gif
lecture.gif

So now if you voted yes for the Edge section, please PM the mod of this section (jph) and ask him nicely to make another section.

heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About this clone BS. Lets get to the heart of this. The moderator JPH has said that the EDGE is "JUST a clone of CycloDS". OK with that logic, maybe there should not be a Cyclo DS section either. Here is my proof. The team cyclops have been known in the past to "Clone". Here is some of my proof that i googled in 30 seconds.

http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&id=347
QUOTE said:
A copy?

Most people already know this, but CycloDS is just a COPY of SuperCard made by the SuperCard Team, both firmware and patcher from SuperCard Mini SD work on it, and if you do so, it will automatically turn into a SuperCard and will perform 100% like it.

Conclusion

CycloDS turns out to be just a COPY, and not a very good one by the way of SuperCard Team, but not only that but it doesnt provide as much updates (did they even update once?) or its over priced compared to both SuperCard and the rest of the FlashCards on the market nowadays.

PROS

+ Good rom compatibility for Nintendo DS
+ Excellent build quality
+ Easy rom patching process
+ Almost all homebrews runs

CONS

- Bad compatibility for GameBoy Advance, as there are so many games that dont even run or have slowdown, and other problems
- No rom patcher updates
- No firmware updates
- Menu not skinnable
- Overpriced
- Direct COPY of SuperCard

or from the supercard website

QUOTECYCLODS is a FAKE SuperCard !!!

Unbelievable!!! The FAKE SuperCard change another name CYCLODS. Please check the detail list below.

All CYCLODS Fake SuperCard have common features:
The Fake will corrupt your SAVE DATA.
The Fake is very hard to insert and plug out.
CYCLODS microSD/MiniSD/SD version can only use our SuperCard SD version firmware and software, it can not use SuperCard Lite version firmware and software.
Play a lot of DS games will white screen. Especially the 0094 -- Akumajou Dracula - Aoitsuki no Juujika (v01) (JP).
CYCLODS microSD version can NOT totally insert into SLOT 2 of NDSL.

with that said, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. So are we going to get rid of the cyclo section? No, but they have made clones in the past.

I do not understand why there cannot be an EDGE section. Does it actually hurt someone to make it?

To be honest is it a clone if it doesnt do all the feature of a cycloDS, yes, no. Doesnt the CycloDS do pretty much the same as a Supercard or Acekard or R4 or any other one out there? Yes they all are pretty much clones of each other to do the exact SAME thing.

heyyouguys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
That isn't fair, the CycloDS Evolution is its own product, the clones you refer to are older products, and when those were the sole products in the CycloDS line, the CycloDS didn't have its own section.

That being said, the EDGE should get its own section, it isn't a clone clone, and plenty of people have it, I don't see why it shouldn't get a section for its own.

I understand what you are saying and do agree with your point. I new that prior to posting the info in my above post. I was only trying to make a point about clones and the EDGE and the so well respected Cyclo team.

jeeper421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does need its own section. I think something that would work and piss all those cyclos fanatics off is add EDGE beside the CycloDS section that would be just as good for me.
grog.gif

mc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wasup said:
+1 to needing it's own section, I mean has their been any official proof that suggests it was a clone?

I agree it needs its own section but in my mind there is absolutely no doubt that its based on the cyclo. As far as I know it is unknown whether its a budget cart produced or licenced by the cyclo team or whether its a completely independant clone. although it is very very likely to be the latter.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
finally, the card deserves it, been selling these things like mad and everyone is happy with it.
Never had a card fail on me either
smile.gif
Unlike other 'cheap' cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: