Does EDGE magazine hint at Western release for Monster Hunter 3G?

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

It's not a confirmation, but the wording seems to indicate that there is some forward movement on localization. This seems a bit more assured than the recent comments coming from Capcom.

scanedgemh3.jpg

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Monster Hunter isn't really a japanese exclusive series so I'm sure that 3g will come to other regions, especially with all the fuss everyone is making about it.
Not releasing it in all regions is just shooting themselves in the foot.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Monster Hunter isn't really a japanese exclusive series so I'm sure that 3g will come to other regions, especially with all the fuss everyone is making about it.
Well...

Monster Hunter 3 got localized, Monster Hunter G did not.

Monster Hunter Portable 1 got localized, Portable 3rd did not.

It's not really easy to tell if Capcom will localize it or not.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
i guess they might have run out of bullets by now? =,=

edit:btw i saw this at gfaqs a few hours ago, i am officially convinced that 3g will make it ...... yeah!

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I...didn't know "Europe" was now "Western" releases. I'd love to see this come Stateside, though. It'd give me a chance to actually play a Monster Hunter game.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much everything that isn't Japan is considered "Western" when it comes to game releases.

Now, watch this be one giant mistake, all around based on one magazine's mistake. Wouldn't that be HILAAARRRRRIOUSS?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I...didn't know "Europe" was now "Western" releases. I'd love to see this come Stateside, though. It'd give me a chance to actually play a Monster Hunter game.

Technically Europe is also west of Japan. Although it's also east of Japan... DAMN YOU SPHERICAL WORLD.

But Europe is considered a "western" audience since its demographics and America's demographics are much more the same than Japan's. The market in Japan is a lot different than the market in Europe or America.

Reactions: 1 person

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's obvious that NA and EU are going to get it. Capcom would be insane not to bring it here.

It's just a matter of when. And looking at this, means it's sooner than I thought.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Technically Europe is also west of Japan. Although it's also east of Japan... DAMN YOU SPHERICAL WORLD.

But Europe is considered a "western" audience since its demographics and America's demographics are much more the same than Japan's. The market in Japan is a lot different than the market in Europe or America.

Ah, alright. I've never heard of EU considered part of the western audience, my bad.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Ah, alright. I've never heard of EU considered part of the western audience, my bad.

Back to school then, because during economics and geography it should have been brought up countless of times that Europe and America are considered as the Western world. If you're not convinced, then there's also wikipedia who says this on the subject of the Western world:

In the contemporary cultural meaning, the Western World includes many countries of Western and Central Europe as well as many countries of European colonial origin in the Americas and Australasia, such as the United States of America, Brazil, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Argentina, etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks