Hacking does DSTWO play gba games at 100% speed?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the game. Most play at full or almost full speed, but there's always a straggler or two that refuses to play properly... but most people agree it's good enough in most games.

And the fastest place would be a shop that actually ships from within the US (just because it's a .com doesn't mean the "warehouse" is in the US), like ModChipCentral... but you certainly pay more for it like that.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It is not full speed but for many games (especially RPGs) it is close enough. There is also some frame skipping, but usually not that noticable unless you specifically look for it. It can cause problems with things like Mother 3's timed hits where you have to press A in time with the music. As for the fastest place, I have always used realhotstuff.com. They ship via USPS first class from New Jersey.

Update- Forgot to add, be sure to get version 1.21 of the emulator and get the latest game_config.txt file for it. If you use the latest, 1.30, you won't be able to use game_config.txt and quite a few games (like Pokemon) won't work as well or at all.

johnboyjr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do not care if it cost a little more
do the pokemon games play full speed?
i have a acekard 2 right now. i am thinking about geting this or a dingoo to play some of the older games. i jst think it might be easyer with just one system

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
johnboyjr said:
i do not care if it cost a little more
do the pokemon games play full speed?
i have a acekard 2 right now. i am thinking about geting this or a dingoo to play some of the older games. i jst think it might be easyer with just one system

Dingoo is not true full speed (with no frameskipping) either. Pokemon works fine as long as you use version 1.21 and have game_config.txt present. Like I said, it is more or less full speed with slight (1-2) frameskipping which works great for RPGs like Pokemon and is still good for say, Mario World. I wouldn't try playing a rhythm game like Guitar Hero or Rock Band on it though.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Just saying: DON'T buy from modchip-depot.com. I ordered in early July and still haven't gotten my DSTWO. I've emailed them multiple times and am trying to get my money back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2