Hacking Does creating a separate account for SX OS make any sense?

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I'm asking the question in the title after reading numerous threads where people mentioned not playing pirated copies on their main account. Does that matter at all, though? I mean - it's clear that now going online puts you in a serious risk for a ban so your best bet (unless you don't care) is to go offline, make a clean NAND backup and stay offline until somebody figures out a way to somehow be able to go online safely again (which may never come). But does staying offline _on a separate account_ make any difference than doing so on your main account? Does this matter, future-wise? Is it better to make a separate, pirate-related account on the console for the sake of possible future ways of getting back online?

JimblesGBA

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Because if you play backups on your main account, when you boot into OFW and connect to Nintendo's Servers it will upload data of what you've been playing since it saves in your history. I've made a new user and I play all xcis and nsps on it.

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
if you play backups on your main account, when you boot into OFW and connect to Nintendo's Servers
...then you're already risking a ban big time because of the logs. Right now there doesn't seem to be a safe way of booting into OFW regardless of what magic tricks you do with juggling your accounts. That's why I'm asking if it makes any difference for the future, cause for the time being it sure as hell does not.

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
You can't even check if you're banned or not without making an account. All of the things you can do without an account can be done even if you are banned.
Yeah I know, but I'd rather not get banned for the slim chance of being able to play original carts online in the future :) That's why I'm wondering if it makes any different for this scenario.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It would ban the console, so i believe no. You wouldn't be able to use online regardless of what account. Unless you could spoof your console cert to a random's one, i believe then yes, you could do it. But using alt accounts really won't change anything.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy