Hacking Does anything let you use an old DS flash cart as a storage drive for CFW?

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anything let you use an old DS flash cart as a storage drive for CFW? I like the idea of having titles and tickets stored on an interchangeable card. If there's a technical issue with DS flash carts, what about 3DS flash carts?

Put cart in > CIA titles appear on homescreen*
Take cart out > CIA titles disappear from homescreen*

*Takes a few seconds while some routines are run.​

If that can't be done, is it possible to use the flash cart storage as a simple drive accessible via a title manager like FBI?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anything let you use an old DS flash cart as a storage drive for CFW? I like the idea of having titles and tickets stored on an interchangeable card. If there's a technical issue with DS flash carts, what about 3DS flash carts?

Put cart in > CIA titles appear on homescreen*
Take cart out > CIA titles disappear from homescreen*

*Takes a few seconds while some routines are run.​

If that can't be done, is it possible to use the flash cart storage as a simple drive accessible via a title manager like FBI?
Nope

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is possible using GodMode9i and TWiLightMenu with SCFG enabled. But the transfer speed is fairly slow so I only use it for transferring save files and ROMs.
I suppose that you are talking about a hacked DSi, or not?

On 3DS, not possible that OP said, afaik

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is possible using GodMode9i and TWiLightMenu with SCFG enabled. But the transfer speed is fairly slow so I only use it for transferring save files and ROMs.
I am going to have to test this because that sounds pretty sweet
No. I’m talking about on a 3DS. Works fine. I posted instructions over the summer to Robz’s thread. It’s gotten simpler since then.
Hey if you could post a guide to going about doing this, I would really appreciate it. I've been trying to figure this out for a hot minute now and I am completely stumped.

Last edited by The Catboy,

MarioKartFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
It’s buried in the TWiLightMenu thread from back in June. The instructions are a bit out of date. But it’s easy to do.

1. Install TWiLightMenu++ to your 3DS.
2. Install TWiLightMenu++ to your flashcart. You may need to replace the kernel with YSMenu depending upon your card. Be sure to copy the files required to autoboot TWiLightMenu++ on your Flashcart.
3. Copy GodMode9i.nds to your Flashcart. Be sure you are installing GodMode9i not GodMode9.
4. Insert your Flashcart into your 3DS.
5. Launch TWiLightMenu++ on your 3DS (don’t launch the flashcart).
5. Go into TWiLightMenu++ settings and enable SCFG access. My recollection is that you also need to enable Micro-SD access. If in doubt you may as well enable the setting.
6. Enable Slot-1 Autoboot.
7. Exit settings and launch the Slot-1 card through TWiLightMenu. The way to do this varies based on the theme you are using. In R4 you just tap the middle icon.
8. After a few moments you will find yourself back in TWiLightMenu, except that this time it is running off of your Flashcart rather than your 3DS.
9. Launch GodMode9i.nds through TWiLightMenu++.
10. Enjoy access to both your flashcart and your 3DS microSD.

if you set this up properly it is much faster to launch on subsequent boots. You can play around with the settings so that when you insert the flashcart and launch TWiLightMenu++ from your 3DS Home Screen it will boot straight to GodMode9i running under TWiLightMenu++ on your flashcart. I have an old $5 flashcart setup this way. I just pop it into my 3DS to copy save files, smaller ROMs, etc. between systems.

Excuse any typos. I’m doing this on a handheld.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
No, but this is effectively what gateway3ds does (load .3ds instead of cia) via cartridge emulation,

I would say it could be possible to repurpose a gateway red card, but since gateway code is encrypted it's easier said than done,

The closet are libraries that let one read and write data to and from the red card as (as raw sectors), also works on Dstwo+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr