Does anyone know why my homebrew won't load in HBLauncher?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by flarn2006, Oct 5, 2015.

1. flarn2006
    OP

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I'm making a graphing calculator app, but for some reason it's not loading in the Homebrew Launcher. It works fine if I open the .3dsx in Citra, and it also works fine if I run it as a CIA. But for some reason, if I try to open it from the Homebrew Launcher (ironhax), the 3DS just freezes with the top screen solid black, and the bottom screen solid dark red.

I believe it has something to do with the TableLayout class, since if I don't use that class in my program the issue doesn't occur. Does anyone know what's wrong? https://github.com/flarn2006/graphcalc3ds

Keep in mind I'm not being lazy and asking someone to debug my program for me. I'm just asking here in case it's a common issue people have run into before and would know how to fix.

Thanks!

EDIT: I believe I figured out what's wrong. I had only tried it with the Homebrew Launcher's NetLoader, but it would have worked fine if I ran it from the SD card like normal. Kind of strange, because the NetLoader works by copying it to the SD card, but maybe it has to be in a folder with an SMDH and everything.

For those who don't know, the NetLoader is a very useful tool for developing homebrew. If you hit Y in the homebrew launcher menu, it'll give you a screen saying "NetLoader". You can then use a tool called "3dslink" (that runs on your PC) to directly upload a 3DSX file to your 3DS over Wi-Fi. It then immediately executes said file. It's extremely useful, that is if it works.

So this is really only an issue when I'm developing the program, as it only means I can't use a really convenient means of testing code on my 3DS. When I actually distribute the 3DSX though, most people wouldn't try to run it using the NetLoader, so it'll still work.

Last edited by flarn2006, Oct 7, 2015
  2. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Have you tried both Ninjhax's?

3. flarn2006
    OP

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I've only tried it with Ironhax.