Hardware Does anyone know where I can find a crystal case for the original 3DS XL?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can only seem to find for the new 3ds on ebay. I used to be able to find really cheap ones from china(I also found the store branded ones to be crap and more expensive) does anyone know where I can find the original 3DS XL crystal cases? like less than $5 like what I was paying for before?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[eBay] Insten Clear Rubber TPU Soft Skin Case+2-LCD Kit Screen Protector for Nintendo 3DS XL
Cheaper still if shipped from Malaysia or Singapore for about CAD $4 if you don't mind the wait.
[eBay] Clear Rubber TPU Soft Gel Game Protective Skin Case Cover for Nintendo 3DS XL @F

If you're looking for the hard clear plastic version, those won't do as well protecting the 3DS in a drop and are more likely to crack at the hinges. Personally, you're better of getting a zippered hard case for travel if you intend to remove the o3DSXL out of its skin when playing.

Reactions: Svinorin

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[eBay] Insten Clear Rubber TPU Soft Skin Case+2-LCD Kit Screen Protector for Nintendo 3DS XL
Cheaper still if shipped from Malaysia or Singapore for about CAD $4 if you don't mind the wait.
[eBay] Clear Rubber TPU Soft Gel Game Protective Skin Case Cover for Nintendo 3DS XL @F

If you're looking for the hard clear plastic version, those won't do as well protecting the 3DS in a drop and are more likely to crack at the hinges. Personally, you're better of getting a zippered hard case for travel if you intend to remove the o3DSXL out of its skin when playing.

I had rubber ones in the past for my original DS and they were crap. I just want something that will make me feel more comfortable and at ease when holding my portables(I have a crystal case for my vita to) but they do wear out after about a year or so and i'm just looking to spend a few dollars not a bunch of money on a case.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had rubber ones in the past for my original DS and they were crap. I just want something that will make me feel more comfortable and at ease when holding my portables(I have a crystal case for my vita to) but they do wear out after about a year or so and i'm just looking to spend a few dollars not a bunch of money on a case.
This is about as cheap you'll find this product other than from aliexpress. You might want to buy several as you never know how what's in store for the China-USA trade wars upsetting the supply chain of cheap goods in the future.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is about as cheap you'll find this product other than from aliexpress. You might want to buy several as you never know how what's in store for the China-USA trade wars upsetting the supply chain of cheap goods in the future.

Ok thanks i'll definitely keep this one in mind: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Rubb...Case-Cover-for-Nintendo-3DS-XL-F/264080411159 seems like it might be better than the hard plastic type ones iv'e been getting. I just remember having a rubber one years ago but it was some crappy target brand that glowed in the dark lol and wasn't very useful at all. But i'll try this.

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Peanut_BR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok thanks i'll definitely keep this one in mind: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Rubb...Case-Cover-for-Nintendo-3DS-XL-F/264080411159 seems like it might be better than the hard plastic type ones iv'e been getting. I just remember having a rubber one years ago but it was some crappy target brand that glowed in the dark lol and wasn't very useful at all. But i'll try this.

The only problem of these cases is the corner where it slide to fold. It ends up breaking after a while. But I really like these cases. I have one for my old 3ds xl and it's amazing how it gives you a better grip.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
e390d92dc51857b29e8934f8dbc6f594.jpg
6e8b3540c4a84df5262197800f2b2883.jpg

Last edited by Peanut_BR,

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only problem of these cases is the corner where it slide to fold. It ends up breaking after a while. But I really like these cases. I have one for my old 3ds xl and it's amazing how it gives you a better grip.

e390d92dc51857b29e8934f8dbc6f594.jpg
6e8b3540c4a84df5262197800f2b2883.jpg

What's your protector? where did you get it?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you mean the case? I got it from AliExpress, the pink part is metal and the black is plastic.

Do you have a link for that specific one? i'm not talking like a travel case like an actual case that goes around the 3DS to protect it.

Peanut_BR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have a link for that specific one? i'm not talking like a travel case like an actual case that goes around the 3DS to protect it.
Here is the place where I bought it:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/hqNACrf

I have two of them and I strongly recommend for the price and usability.

Reactions: kbf and H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night