Does anyone know where I can find a crystal case for the original 3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by kbf, Dec 25, 2018.

1. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I can only seem to find for the new 3ds on ebay. I used to be able to find really cheap ones from china(I also found the store branded ones to be crap and more expensive) does anyone know where I can find the original 3DS XL crystal cases? like less than $5 like what I was paying for before?

2. Berserk_Fury

Berserk_Fury Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2018
    Switzerland
  3. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

4. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada

ugh...says it doesn't ship to Canada. Do you have any that do?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
  6. Berserk_Fury

Berserk_Fury Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2018
    Switzerland
    There's like a million of them over ebay. One seller is bound to ship to Canada. Just keep looking.

7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    [eBay] Insten Clear Rubber TPU Soft Skin Case+2-LCD Kit Screen Protector for Nintendo 3DS XL
    Cheaper still if shipped from Malaysia or Singapore for about CAD $4 if you don't mind the wait.
    [eBay] Clear Rubber TPU Soft Gel Game Protective Skin Case Cover for Nintendo 3DS XL @F

If you're looking for the hard clear plastic version, those won't do as well protecting the 3DS in a drop and are more likely to crack at the hinges. Personally, you're better of getting a zippered hard case for travel if you intend to remove the o3DSXL out of its skin when playing.

Svinorin likes this.
  8. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada

I had rubber ones in the past for my original DS and they were crap. I just want something that will make me feel more comfortable and at ease when holding my portables(I have a crystal case for my vita to) but they do wear out after about a year or so and i'm just looking to spend a few dollars not a bunch of money on a case.

9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    This is about as cheap you'll find this product other than from aliexpress. You might want to buy several as you never know how what's in store for the China-USA trade wars upsetting the supply chain of cheap goods in the future.

10. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada

Ok thanks i'll definitely keep this one in mind: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Rubb...Case-Cover-for-Nintendo-3DS-XL-F/264080411159 seems like it might be better than the hard plastic type ones iv'e been getting. I just remember having a rubber one years ago but it was some crappy target brand that glowed in the dark lol and wasn't very useful at all. But i'll try this.

11. larrypretty

larrypretty GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2018
    United States
  12. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
  13. Peanut_BR

Peanut_BR Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    Brazil
    BR - HR

The only problem of these cases is the corner where it slide to fold. It ends up breaking after a while. But I really like these cases. I have one for my old 3ds xl and it's amazing how it gives you a better grip.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by Peanut_BR, Jan 1, 2019
  14. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada

What's your protector? where did you get it?

15. Peanut_BR

Peanut_BR Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    Brazil
    BR - HR
    Do you mean the case? I got it from AliExpress, the pink part is metal and the black is plastic.

16. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada

Do you have a link for that specific one? i'm not talking like a travel case like an actual case that goes around the 3DS to protect it.

17. Peanut_BR

Peanut_BR Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    Brazil
    BR - HR
    Here is the place where I bought it:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/hqNACrf

I have two of them and I strongly recommend for the price and usability.

kbf and H1B1Esquire like this.