Does anyone know what fender stratocaster guitars have the scalloped fret board/neck?

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am new to buying guitars and so I am looking to buy fender stratocaster guitars that are scalloped. Unfortunately on Fenders website they do a crappy job of explaining which of their guitars have this feature. For some reason fender only has Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster listed as having a scalloped fret board, and the fender modshop doesn't give people the option to choose a scalloped neck.

Edit: I don't want to buy that kind of guitar because I'm fan of Malmsteen (even though I am), its because I have played using some one else's guitars with scalloped fret boards and I love it!.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

CTurt

Trophies
XP
Country
Scalloping isn't really to make shredding easier. I would say the main benefit is increased control for vibrato and bends due to the decreased resistance from the lack of fret board directly beneath your fingers; in fact, it actually makes shredding harder unless you have developed a very delicate technique, Malmsteen-esque.

Reactions: Aerocool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.