Does anyone know of a good external hard drive that...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by skystealer, Jan 13, 2016.

1. skystealer
    OP

skystealer Muah~

Aug 5, 2009
    United States
    Agniratha, Mechonis
    ... is decently sized, and can be powered off only one USB port on the Wii U?

So here is my plea; I try to keep my entertainment center all neat and tidy so I avoid using the front USB ports on the Wii U console at all costs unless its for Smash. Incidentally, I need a hard drive for the console that can be powered without any AC adapters or Y-cables because I also want the Ethernet adapter plugged in the back.

I've used to have a single-port solution but some system update along the way just completely ruined it and hasn't worked since, so I'm wondering if anyone can confirm any drive that works without Y-cables on the Wii U console?

2. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
  3. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    use a 128 gb flash drive. thats what i use.

4. DarkJediRey

DarkJediRey GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2016
    United States
    word is you can also use a usb micro sd card reader since the max speed of the usb is USB2.0. it would be faster than the disc drive and would only take up one usb spot. stay away from straight up flash drives if running digital games tho

5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    If you'd prefer to have more than the two back ports. Get a multi USB adapter. Then you can use as many USB that you can fit on the extension.