Does anyone know if GBA micro can support 3 in 1 EZflash (phat))

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by evilishan, Apr 9, 2009.

1. evilishan
    OP

Newcomer evilishan Member

Australia
    I'm getting a Ezflash 3 in 1 (for the DS phat) from Deal Extreme and was wondering if it could work on a GBA micro because I heard that it could also work as a standalone GBA card (after you load a game onto it using the DS of course.) I really wanna play Pokemon Shiny Gold without having to buy Pokemon Fire Red again (I already have it) and messing around with the cartridge.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You will have to write the game to the NOR section (as opposed to the ram) but it should work fine.

Oh and for the record all gba carts will work in all size of slots, you just have to mod the case to fit.

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you will still need a DS in order to write to NOR, the 3in1 is a slot-1 dependent device.

4. evilishan
    OP

Newcomer evilishan Member

Australia
    Nice, thanks for the info, mates.
    Now I just gotta wait for DX to ship it.

5. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    On a side note, you can also use the Lite size... just flash a game to NOR, remove the side of the cart with the 'tab' sticking off to the side, and jam it into the slot... Just make sure you have a slim screwdriver or something you can use to slide in and yank the cart out.