Does anyone know how to make alternate GFAQS accounts

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm always getting banned.. lol.. i try to do all kinds of things but the accounts always get rejected. I could go to library or someone elses house or something, but i'm not gonna do all that for a new account.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't get banned in the first place.
Best advice that I have heard all day!

This sounds logical, but i've received infractions from having a censored word in my post...and it wasn't even negative. I started my post with something like "Holy **** that's pretty cool." or something to that effect. Still got modded...and let me reiterate that the word was CENSORED.
I've been modded because the mod disagreed with my opinion.
Basically gamefaqs has the worst mods on the internet. People who don't get banned are posting at a disney-strict level.

Which is why i'm sad gamespot ditched gamefaqs. One because it makes gamespot entirely useless, and two because I can actually get banned on gamefaqs instead of getting 3 messages a week telling me i'm now banned from the forums (which didn't work on gamespot accounts). When I was active.

Anyway, proxies are your best bet, and probably your only bet if you aren't willing to go somewhere else.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Use the Tor Network. Good shit, and it won't try to unload spyware, ads, and potentially viruses when using it, unlike most proxies you'll find.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't get banned in the first place.
Best advice that I have heard all day!

This sounds logical, but i've received infractions from having a censored word in my post...and it wasn't even negative. I started my post with something like "Holy **** that's pretty cool." or something to that effect. Still got modded...and let me reiterate that the word was CENSORED.
I've been modded because the mod disagreed with my opinion.
Basically gamefaqs has the worst mods on the internet. People who don't get banned are posting at a disney-strict level.

Which is why i'm sad gamespot ditched gamefaqs. One because it makes gamespot entirely useless, and two because I can actually get banned on gamefaqs instead of getting 3 messages a week telling me i'm now banned from the forums (which didn't work on gamespot accounts). When I was active.

Anyway, proxies are your best bet, and probably your only bet if you aren't willing to go somewhere else.
Honestly I was going to say pretty much the same thing.
I had a GameFAQ account once (not under the same screen name) and was banned for something really stupid (I don't even remember anymore) Still their staff there is just awful.
If you really want to be part of a gaming community who staff isn't shit, stay part of GBATemp.
Out of all the sites I have been part of, GBATemp is the best around.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who uses Gamefaqs other than for FAQs, Guides, and Cheats are doing it wrong. Their staff sucks ass, the members are all fanboys (worse then here I'd say), and most of them don't know half of what they're talking about.

Reactions: 3 people

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually pretty easy to not get banned on gamefaqs. Just have to watch out what you post, a few of the rules are more relaxed in the last like 3 months. Especially the trolling rule.

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of proxies? That's what i meant when i said i try all kinds of things, even when i tried using proxies the account still got rejected.

Yea the mods are horrible.. i got banned for sarcastically calling myself a retard, when some other member asked if i was retarded. Idk, i jjust like going to that site to discuss individual games, i like how every game and console has its own board

Die Antwoord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use actual proxy servers, not proxy websites.

For a proxy server generally you'll google for proxy servers and get lists of addresses and ports. Go into your browser's settings, to the network settings, and set the proxy info to that IP+port.

Sorry for the ultra long bump.. i haven't been on this site until yesterday.. but are you sure this will work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1