Hardware Does anyone know a good site I can get a Japanese Xbox One?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,603
  • Replies 21
D

Deleted User

OP
I want the white Master Chief Collection bundle. (Plus getting a Japanese console will save me the trouble of buying a separate USB Blu Ray drive for my region A discs)

D

Deleted User

OP
Their Xbox One prices are ridiculous.

Nippon Yasan, which I often prefer to PlayAsia these days, doesn't stock Xbox One consoles.

I tried Amazon Japan which has a good price but they won't ship it internationally. I could possibly get a mail forwarder or have my girlfriend forward it/keep hold of it till we move intogether

I can't actually afford one right now, so maybe by the time I have enough it will be available in New Zealand and on sale. I'd get to use my warranty that way but I'd have to buy a separate region A Blu Ray drive

D

Deleted User

OP
I've found a good mail forwarder. But I am concerned about warranty. Does anyone know if non day one consoles have common faults?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is probably a bit too early to tell. There is no RRoD equivalent yet but iffy controllers, dead disc drives and other dead on arrival things are no unheard of.

D

Deleted User

OP
It is probably a bit too early to tell. There is no RRoD equivalent yet but iffy controllers, dead disc drives and other dead on arrival things are no unheard of.
I've been told that apparently the disc drive issues was a day one thing but I'm struggling to find any sources regarding issues other than 2013 articles

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? The Xbox One is region free...The only place it is region locked is China. Do you live in China? It is the only logical reasoning I can assume you want one from Japan.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

OP
We also have them here in Germany, but Japan is probably more reasonable to ship from.
yea and I've been needing a region A blu ray player.
I've decided I'm definitely going for the one on amazon and getting it forwarded. Just need to save some money now.

Billy Zejnoski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want the white Master Chief Collection bundle. (Plus getting a Japanese console will save me the trouble of buying a separate USB Blu Ray drive for my region A discs)

Hey Snugglevixen, just thought I'd let you know, if you have a PS4 you can change the blu-ray and DVD region code but only a maximum of 4 times.

Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey Snugglevixen, just thought I'd let you know, if you have a PS4 you can change the blu-ray and DVD region code but only a maximum of 4 times.
It would be a lot cheaper and take up less space just to buy a Samsung USB Blu Ray drive though.

D

Deleted User

OP
Update. I got a white one from Amazon JP and had it forwarded by a forwarder.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yea and I've been needing a region A blu ray player.
I've decided I'm definitely going for the one on amazon and getting it forwarded. Just need to save some money now

My first 360 was from Japan... got an RROD, had no warranty here in Germany, i lost a few hundret euros...
Playing BR-Disc's, in this day and age? Serious? If you wanna collect discs, just buy them and never open them. And watch the content online.. :blink:

D

Deleted User

OP
Is there any particular reason why you'd want a Japanese XBox One? They're all the exact same machine, the system's region free.
Blu Ray region, NZ consoles are region B but I already have a region B player. My calculations showed it was about the same price to get one off Amazon JP and forward it as getting one off Amazon US shipped directly to me and since I wasn't aware the US got the white one right before I ordered mine I got it from Japan upon seeing a white one on sale, then the forwarding cost turned out to be double what I expected cos I guessed the weight wrong. oh well, I got what I wanted.

My first 360 was from Japan... got an RROD, had no warranty here in Germany, i lost a few hundret euros...
Playing BR-Disc's, in this day and age? Serious? If you wanna collect discs, just buy them and never open them. And watch the content online.. :blink:
It's easier to import blu-rays then set up VPN/get a US credit card, plus blu rays can be cheap if you search right.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remember that if you get a Japanese Xbox One for region A blu-ray , some Sentai filmworks discs will not play as they are country code locked to U.S. and Canada region A players.

The reason Sentai implemented country code detection was to block the Japanese from watching any of their anime releases as importing anime from the U.S. is far cheaper than buying it in Japan and the anime industry has a fear of profit losses from reverse importation (buying a product of your country from another country rather than buying local).

If you are not into watching any sort of anime off disc, this will probably not affect you at all as of now but country codes could end up being used later on with other content thus preventing you from watching it.

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.