Does anyone know a good site I can get a Japanese Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Snugglevixen, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Snugglevixen
    OP

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    I want the white Master Chief Collection bundle. (Plus getting a Japanese console will save me the trouble of buying a separate USB Blu Ray drive for my region A discs)

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  3. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    Their Xbox One prices are ridiculous.

Nippon Yasan, which I often prefer to PlayAsia these days, doesn't stock Xbox One consoles.

I tried Amazon Japan which has a good price but they won't ship it internationally. I could possibly get a mail forwarder or have my girlfriend forward it/keep hold of it till we move intogether

I can't actually afford one right now, so maybe by the time I have enough it will be available in New Zealand and on sale. I'd get to use my warranty that way but I'd have to buy a separate region A Blu Ray drive

4. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    I've found a good mail forwarder. But I am concerned about warranty. Does anyone know if non day one consoles have common faults?

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    It is probably a bit too early to tell. There is no RRoD equivalent yet but iffy controllers, dead disc drives and other dead on arrival things are no unheard of.

6. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    I've been told that apparently the disc drive issues was a day one thing but I'm struggling to find any sources regarding issues other than 2013 articles

7. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Why? The Xbox One is region free...The only place it is region locked is China. Do you live in China? It is the only logical reasoning I can assume you want one from Japan.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  8. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    I want the white one.

9. MegaAce™

MegaAce™ Steal back your future.

Nov 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    We also have them here in Germany, but Japan is probably more reasonable to ship from.

10. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    yea and I've been needing a region A blu ray player.
    I've decided I'm definitely going for the one on amazon and getting it forwarded. Just need to save some money now.

11. Billy Zejnoski

Billy Zejnoski Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Albion Park, New South Wales, Australia

Hey Snugglevixen, just thought I'd let you know, if you have a PS4 you can change the blu-ray and DVD region code but only a maximum of 4 times.

cearp likes this.
  12. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    It would be a lot cheaper and take up less space just to buy a Samsung USB Blu Ray drive though.

13. Billy Zejnoski

Billy Zejnoski Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Albion Park, New South Wales, Australia
    True, just thought I'd let you know on the off-chance you already had a PS4 and weren't aware you could do this.

14. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    Update. I got a white one from Amazon JP and had it forwarded by a forwarder.

15. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    My first 360 was from Japan... got an RROD, had no warranty here in Germany, i lost a few hundret euros...
    Playing BR-Disc's, in this day and age? Serious? If you wanna collect discs, just buy them and never open them. And watch the content online.. :blink:

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Is there any particular reason why you'd want a Japanese XBox One? They're all the exact same machine, the system's region free.

17. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    nippon-yasan is one good site.
    color wise. Like I wanted the JP New 3DS for the colored buttons.

18. Snugglevixen
    OP

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    Blu Ray region, NZ consoles are region B but I already have a region B player. My calculations showed it was about the same price to get one off Amazon JP and forward it as getting one off Amazon US shipped directly to me and since I wasn't aware the US got the white one right before I ordered mine I got it from Japan upon seeing a white one on sale, then the forwarding cost turned out to be double what I expected cos I guessed the weight wrong. oh well, I got what I wanted.

It's easier to import blu-rays then set up VPN/get a US credit card, plus blu rays can be cheap if you search right.

19. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
  20. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Just remember that if you get a Japanese Xbox One for region A blu-ray , some Sentai filmworks discs will not play as they are country code locked to U.S. and Canada region A players.

The reason Sentai implemented country code detection was to block the Japanese from watching any of their anime releases as importing anime from the U.S. is far cheaper than buying it in Japan and the anime industry has a fear of profit losses from reverse importation (buying a product of your country from another country rather than buying local).

If you are not into watching any sort of anime off disc, this will probably not affect you at all as of now but country codes could end up being used later on with other content thus preventing you from watching it.

Last edited by driverdis, Nov 18, 2015