Hacking Does anyone here NOT want the 3DS to be hacked?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truthfully (And i know someone is gonna flame me for this comment), i dont want the 3DS to get hacked. Why? Because i want developers to keep supporting the system and release good games.

Otherwise it might end up like the PSP with 1 or 2 good games every couple months, and smaller developers not willing to risk translating games for lack of sales.

I mean, having the ability to do more things (Like Homebrew) is always awesome, but almost always leads to piracy.

ShadowFyre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then complain to the mods.
At any rate, the 3DS won't be hacked upon release, after all, the DSi still isn't fully hacked, and by the time the 3DS does get hacked, a good number of games might be released.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
dgwillia said:
Otherwise it might end up like the PSP with 1 or 2 good games every couple months

How many games do you have time to actually play?

Seriously... Six or seven great games a year is enough for me...

I meant it in the sense that we are never getting so many great games that easily could have been localized (And should have been)

ShadowFyre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
dgwillia said:
Otherwise it might end up like the PSP with 1 or 2 good games every couple months

How many games do you have time to actually play?

Seriously... Six or seven great games a year is enough for me...

I guess I'm seconding this, but not for the same reason, its cause the sd card needed will be freaken huge to take in the memory that 3DS games use.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It is inevitably going to be hacked. We can all say "we don't know what the security is gonna be like," but in the end, we all know there will be some kind of soft-mod or flash cart, or something. It may take some time, but it will happen.

I don't want the 3DS to be like the PSP either, or even like the DS with tons of shovelware with only one or two good releases every two or three months that are truly, truly worth playing.

Maybe the developers supporting the 3DS won't be as picky?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS is pretty easily hacked, and we still get tons of great titles. (See: Kingdom Hearts, Ghost Trick, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Pokemon, Mario vs DK)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think piracy is the reason why the PSP has no good games.
tongue.gif

DS and Wii piracy is rampant, yet they continuously pump out great games.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I don't think piracy is the reason why the PSP has no good games.
tongue.gif

DS and Wii piracy is rampant, yet they continuously pump out great games.

I know it isnt a big part, but its still gotta be a pretty big factor for some of those smaller companies.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
People over exaggerate how often the DS and Wii get really good games. Ghost Trick and the new Kingdom Hearts are an example of a very rare occurrence anymore. How many really good games came out in 2010 for the DS? I mean, really good. Not the 4000th Harvest Moon game you were personally dieing to play, but games that are essential for the collection of every DS owner (in a respectable age group of course - most good games aren't any good for really young children).

I can think of maybe 10, possibly 12. That is not an impressive number. Especially so when you think of how many games came out this last year. With the terrible DS game sales in NA and other parts of the world due to the still ever growing flash cart piracy, developers have little reason to continuously release good games on it.

The Wii gets bursts of good games. It sees games two to three at a time in a short period, than two months of little. Most, if not all of these games come from big name developers too. Not a lot of small time developers release games on the DS or Wii, as it isn't a profitable venture with the rampant piracy.

The PSP lost a lot of developer support when the piracy started getting bad. PSP system sales have never been exceptional, then you get all the people hacking their PSP and not even buying the games. You can't tell me that isn't a contributing factor to a lack of developer support, thus, few good games.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
The only thing I want is for people to stop making threads in this forum.
Why do you visit (and post) in a forum that you don't want people to creat threads in? Seems to me like you either live to complain, or don't belong here. Perhaps you should spend your time more wisely.

I also hope the 3DS doesn't get hacked right away, if it directly affects the future of the handheld. I have money, and no problem supporting a new system for the first year or two. I want the 3DS to be a success, and plan on owning one at launch. If flashcarts never come out, it won't stop me from owning, and buying, into the new handheld.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
Urza said:
The only thing I want is for people to stop making threads in this forum.
Why do you visit (and post) in a forum that you don't want people to creat threads in? Seems to me like you either live to complain, or don't belong here. Perhaps you should spend your time more wisely.

I also hope the 3DS doesn't get hacked right away, if it directly affects the future of the handheld. I have money, and no problem supporting a new system for the first year or two. I want the 3DS to be a success, and plan on owning one at launch. If flashcarts never come out, it won't stop me from owning, and buying, into the new handheld.

Agreed on both parts. I would have said something myself, but im tired of internet drama lately. Have saved up about 500$ so far for the console and a decent amount of launch games and accessories (If needed), and i plan to keep buying 3DS games as long as the quality stays good (Im still tired of paying 30-40 bucks for a 5-10 hour game)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's actually a paradox, since piracy equals much more console sales, yet consoles sales are the indicator for game companies to decide whether or not to make a game. Piracy cannot be measured, only poorly estimated. Hardware sales are reported weekly.
If the PSP is easily hacked and still doesn't sell well, then there's really only one explanation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't...