Does anyone have model rips from Yo-kai Watch 4++?

Jeszii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been on the hunt for the models from Yo-kai Watch 4 on and off, I haven't been able to find anybody that's outright ripped the models before. I personally don't own a Switch, so I'm not able to rip them myself-
My boyfriend is a huge fan of Yo-kai, he's loved it since he was a kid, and I really wanna surprise him with these models, since he's wanted to get his hands on them for a while. I've wanted to tackle trying to model them myself in the past and try to recreate the style, but I don't think it'll ever amount to what the real models are like, if you get what I mean.

If anyone has the rips from the game, it would be amazing if you could drop them in this thread. I sadly don't have money or anything like that, all I'm looking to do is surprise my boyfriend. If anyone could help me out, it'd mean the fuckin' world. If not, I completely understand. ^^

Pesie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless anyone know what a g4sk file is you're out of luck not even model resource could figure it out

jewelmahou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been working with Xentax user DKDave to create a Yo-kai Watch 4 Model Exporter script for Noesis, also compatible with Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu. He writes the script, and I supply him with model samples and test his script for compatibility. Currently, only mesh data is supported, but there are plans to look further into rigging data. Once the script is complete, Dave will make it available to download on his Xentax profile via a new forum post.

I have irl priorities to take care of, and testing every single mesh in both of the game takes a lot of time, so there's no definite release date as of yet, but I'll make sure to update everyone on significant progress.

If you really want a specific model and don't want to wait for the script to release, just let me know what you want and I can most likely get it for you. Pretty much every character model is compatible right now, with only about 2-3 problematic ones. But things like maps still need more work.

Huge thanks to Dave, as he's doing the bulk of the work here. It means a lot to the Yo-kai Watch community!
Capture.PNG

Last edited by jewelmahou,

Goldy5009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working with Xentax user DKDave to create a Yo-kai Watch 4 Model Exporter script for Noesis, also compatible with Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu. He writes the script, and I supply him with model samples and test his script for compatibility. Currently, only mesh data is supported, but there are plans to look further into rigging data. Once the script is complete, Dave will make it available to download on his Xentax profile via a new forum post.

I have irl priorities to take care of, and testing every single mesh in both of the game takes a lot of time, so there's no definite release date as of yet, but I'll make sure to update everyone on significant progress.

If you really want a specific model and don't want to wait for the script to release, just let me know what you want and I can most likely get it for you. Pretty much every character model is compatible right now, with only about 2-3 problematic ones. But things like maps still need more work.

Huge thanks to Dave, as he's doing the bulk of the work here. It means a lot to the Yo-kai Watch community!
View attachment 315437
THIS. IS. INCREDIBLE! This is a HUGE step into ripping models from the Yokai Watch games! VERY BIG props to you both! I'd be cool to rip from the 3DS games as well (Mainly for the Watch models used in the Summoning Apps), but this is still very appreciated!

Goldy5009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS. IS. INCREDIBLE! This is a HUGE step into ripping models from the Yokai Watch games! VERY BIG props to you both! I'd be cool to rip from the 3DS games as well (Mainly for the Watch models used in the Summoning Apps), but this is still very appreciated!
Question, will the script release only with mesh exporting or with rigging exporting?

vrv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 315437
when these are fully published would I have permission to upload the models to VRC for my friends and me? I don't have plans to make them public if that is a concern

jewelmahou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
when these are fully published would I have permission to upload the models to VRC for my friends and me? I don't have plans to make them public if that is a concern
Sure, that's the main reason I wanted to rip them anyway. I'll be making my own custom rigs of the models but I'm not gonna gatekeep the idea, make your own if you want.

And latest update: Goldy5009 is now a tester, and texture support is currently being worked on, as well as fixing remaining issues with meshes and UVs.

1657731989331.png

Reactions: cearp

Matti00s

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sure, that's the main reason I wanted to rip them anyway. I'll be making my own custom rigs of the models but I'm not gonna gatekeep the idea, make your own if you want.

And latest update: Goldy5009 is now a tester, and texture support is currently being worked on, as well as fixing remaining issues with meshes and UVs.

View attachment 317824

hi, I would like to become a tester for this project, I don't know how useful it can be but I know that level 5 uses criware to create their games so I was able to trace the 2d audio and video formats, at the moment I am working to convert all of them files. May I know how I can join the project?

jewelmahou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi, I would like to become a tester for this project, I don't know how useful it can be but I know that level 5 uses criware to create their games so I was able to trace the 2d audio and video formats, at the moment I am working to convert all of them files. May I know how I can join the project?
Yes, Level-5 does use a mix of Criware and their own proprietary formats for YW4. The models are not Criware though, they are proprietary. There's still work to be done on cracking the format, including fixing problems with things we're currently working on (meshes, uvs, material mapping), as well as adding support for other features later down the line (rigging and animations). But it's being actively worked on!

I've let Dave know you're interested in testing and I'll let you know his response when it comes. Thanks!

Edit: Dave is happy to welcome you as a tester! Please check your PMs so I can add you to the testing group chat. Thank you!

Last edited by jewelmahou,

Suukyuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 315437
Do you happen to have any models of kyubi or any of his different types? I'd be extatic to get my hands on one or a few!

Reactions: cearp

vrv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 317824
amazing work! I wish my meshing skills were good enough, All we really wanted was the main watch wielder models if you dont mind sharing just the fbx for them rigging not needed if you haven't done them I'd be happy to rig them myself, looking forward to when the project for it all is complete!

Tater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I get Nate, Hailey,Jibanya, Usapyon, and Komasan?
Post automatically merged:

Could I get Models of Hailey, Springdale, and Usapyon?

Agent8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 315437
May I please have the models for, either Yami Enma, Awoken Enma, or Lord Anata?
Thank you if you read this.

Last edited by Agent8,

Meteoric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 315437

Could I get ahold of the Nate and Katie Models with textures?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)